• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cb Throw Back time !

It's odd. The crazy Eddie commercial is the only one I recall. Maybe those other commercials weren't run in the New York area? A quick story about Eddie Antar the owner and creator of the Crazy Eddie stores. He purposely opened three stores in order to be able to list them on the stock market. He inflated the| stores annual income by more than 200%. The money raised from stock sales would eventually become 10 plus stores. He raised over 20 million dollars in stock. The SCC eventually caught on and Eddy Antar was tried and convicted of stock fraud. If my memory serves me right he was given somewhere in the area of 7 years. His lawyer talk to the judge and to granting Eddie a $1000000 bill, and a new trial. While out on bail waiting for the second trial he loaded up his suitcases with approximately eight million dollars in cash and fled to Israel (where he was a legal citizen.) He was eventually extradited back to New York, and to my memory served somewhere in the area of half his term (31)2 years.) Crazy Eddie wasn't actually that crazy. PS. I purchased my first new automobile audio system from crazy Eddie's on Kings Highway in Brooklyn New York. It was all Kenwood and I spent approximately $1,000. What a system it was. Those Kenwood amplifiers were phenomenal.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I honestly don't remember seeing any CB radio commercials when I was young.
It's odd. The crazy Eddie commercial is the only one I recall. Maybe those other commercials weren't run in the New York area? A quick story about Eddie Antar the owner and creator of the Crazy Eddie stores. He purposely opened three stores in order to be able to list them on the stock market. He inflated the| stores annual income by more than 200%. The money raised from stock sales would eventually become 10 plus stores. He raised over 20 million dollars in stock. The SCC eventually caught on and Eddy Antar was tried and convicted of stock fraud. If my memory serves me right he was given somewhere in the area of 7 years. His lawyer talk to the judge and to granting Eddie a $1000000 bill, and a new trial. While out on bail waiting for the second trial he loaded up his suitcases with approximately eight million dollars in cash and fled to Israel (where he was a legal citizen.) He was eventually extradited back to New York, and to my memory served somewhere in the area of half his term (31)2 years.) Crazy Eddie wasn't actually that crazy. PS. I purchased my first new automobile audio system from crazy Eddie's on Kings Highway in Brooklyn New York. It was all Kenwood and I spent approximately $1,000. What a system it was. Those Kenwood amplifiers were phenomenal.
yes crazy eddie commercials used to be plastered on all nyc local channels.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated