• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CbTricks.com FORUM - MEMBERS

The problem is with the forum section ONLY, not the main CBT site.

Murphy's Law dropped in for a visit while 'fixes' to the forum were being done. Scrambled access to the message database. PM's still work. And if you click on a member's username from the 'active' list at the bottom, you'll still see the members info page. The "member search" still works, as well. If you click on the "show posts" link on a member's info page you'll see that member's last few posts. I take this as a good sign that the message database is still intact. Pretty sure what got mussed were files that index the database for access from the main forum interface.

It will get fixed when it gets fixed. Bennie is on the problem, and intends to get the forum back on the air.

Nomads what you just wrote is good news to me. Just to know it is being worked on puts a smile on my face.

I was lucky and got Bennie to answer his phone in March of this year 2018. when we talked he told me his Mom had passed away the month before I talked to him and he had been working out of town . he was not aware we were able to post on the very lower portion of the forum and I explained to him how to get onto the forum on that portion and that the PM's still worked. . he talked like he still wanted to get the forum working but was not sure how to get it up and running again.. I tried to contact him for about 2 months after our conversation in March of 2018 and never did get a reply back from him after that time. left him messages on his phone and even emails to his personal email that he said was still good.. since that time I have not tried to call him any more. after 2 months of messages and trying to contact him on the phone I gave up . that was about in may the last time I left any messages to him..
after this length of time I have gave up on the forum coming back,
at least we still have the main portion of manuals and info for radios that still works. this info is still very valuable to all of us that use the manuals portion of the web site.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I still haven't given up, just need access to fix that database...

I've found ways to review messages so that tells me the basics are there, just the tedious "Indexing" part is goofed up.

Put it this way, the "Records" are still in order, they are referenced as a number on an index, the index is shattered, but the data records are not.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated