• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ch 6 user is bleeding over EVERYWHERE

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
You seldom hear this happening; but if you have been listenting to the 11m band or even the 10m band, there is a dude who has bleeding over - like I haven't heard in years. One can hear hin on 38 LSB as well as one can hear him on ch 6 AM.

This 'person' doesn't realize he is wasting his potential 'maul' power on ch 6 by spreading it over such a huge spectrum.

Won't be long before the FCC chops him down.
That is, if they have any credibility whatsoever.

Enjoy the moment, moron . . .

Last edited:

That dudes been at it for a while. Not hearing him up here today though. He says he's too deep n da swamp fodem feds to getem. Stray rf has already fried his brain. Break break!!!

Must be 766. I've heard some bad bleed over and caused my share of it but he takes the cake. I was getting gas last week and could understand every word he was saying on channel 20. His bleed over goes way beyond that but was only intelligible 14 channels away.

This has been asked before but here it is again: How do these obvious mental midgets manage to accumulate the funds necessary to build a station capable of wreaking this kind of havoc?

I've heard the same station and it's not bleedover because the interference seen on my pan adapter is stronger at points further away from the fundamental frequency. For example the signal fades proportionally as you move up from channel 6 until you approach channel 20 where you find an enormous spur just 6 db down from the signal on 6. There are a couple of other spurs being generated by this transmitter but they are much smaller than the one I mention. Between them all, he pretty much kills the entire band.

This is typical of a butchered Tram D-201 where someone clueless modified the VFO for transmit and managed to keep both the crystal synthesizer and the VFO output tied together and feeding the transmitter simultaneously. Now we get the transmitter operating on the two frequencies plus the sum and the difference between the two. Four spots all at once! If the operator only knew how much power was being wasted he would send that Tram to someone who could restore it.

Reactions: Sideways and Robb
Fortunately for me, The Super Bowl only co channels me when I get within a few channels of channel 6.
Sometimes I get on there to remind them that channel 6 is for mudducks only because they can't make it work on channel 28. :O

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated