• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cheap TCXO installed in Kenwood TS-450s

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
My radio was drifting a lot with the Stock crystal so i picked up a cheap tcxo I Though I would post this just in case any one wants to put on in there TS-450 or any Kenwood that takes the SO-2 option tcxo there rare and a lot of money and i wanted to show off my work.. It would be nice if it was just a drop in but the +5v and the single out pins are flipped so i was not going to let that stop me! I cut a small PCB to make it pin compatible.
the out come it is so much nicer! just turn it on and talk!

I go this one from E-Bay it was marked as $20 shipped but he took an offer for $15 :D

here it is soldered onto a board

Back side
18519528_10154690516346448_2419341249362482662_n_zpsrh2mhrft.jpg
[/URL]

testing it before installing it in to the radio just in case it lets the smoke out..

the frequency counter i have in the pic i retrofitted a TCXO in that i took it to a local place and had them make sure it was spot on..

oh yeah there it is all sitting pretty (y)

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?