• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chinese Clone???

Are you happy with the build quality and performance?

I wasn't expecting a whole lot for 20 bucks, but I have to admit it's a decent enough performer. I checked it on a tester first, on-air reports have been loud and clear. The volume control leaves a bit to be desired, very loose and easy to bump off the setting. If nothing else, it'll serve as a test-bed for the myriad of condenser mic elements in the Mouser catalog. :LOL:

I was thinking the same thing experimenting with different elements.

My volume control is nice 'n tight. I suppose you could remove it and adjust it with a screwdriver.

The round mic holder is glued inside along with the PCB. The same mic I had several years ago could be easily removed.

Anyways, I like it.

Wired up one of these on my Kenwood TS-590 this afternoon. So far, it sounds really great. Still playing around with gain and equalizer settings.

Thanks and props to The Mad Scientist for giving me the pinout real quick.

1-White
2-yellow
3-n/c
4-n/c
5-n/c
6-n/c
7-Shield
8-Red

superstar pistol grip mic update,,

I have a couple of these mics and 1 of them just started acting up after about 10 months or so,, the element would short out and just transmit a buzz when keying up. I picked up a radio shack electric element pn#270-090 ($ 2.99) and put it in the ss pistol grip mic,, these mics sound very good and this rs element makes it sound better yet!!, I swapped both my mics to this element

the element fits right in when you remove the stock element and housing, just cut the leads on the rs element short and solder the red to the + on the element, black to -, bend the short leads up and out of the way so the case wont touch them when you re-assemble the 2 case 1/2's. the element will stick up about an 1/8" out of the mic, really doesn't look too bad at all and the sound is great! volume on the mic can be run wide open and just a nice loud clean full audio sound

after doing some more research on these radioshack elements I found many people use them in their astatic d104 rebuilts with a little modifying and great results also.

This PC-mount omnidirectional microphone element has a wide 50-10,000Hz frequency response. Requires 1~10VDC.

Omnidirectional condenser microphone
Wide 50-10,000Hz frequency response
PC mount
Operates on 1.0~10VDC
Sensitivity: -64 +/- 2 dB
Output impendence: 2.2K
Current drain: 0.5mA maximum
Signal/noise: 58dB minimum
RoHS compliant

Reactions: 2 people
pics, weird keeps saying invalid file type, only thing it will let me post is a zip of the pics.

Attachments

• mic pics zip.zip
    214.5 KB · Views: 178
I got them, I was having trouble getting them to extract on my phone.

micmod2_zps968f0acd.jpg

micmod1_zps546be357.jpg

It looks nice. Does the element sit tight within the housing? Does it jiggle up and down?

I called my local shack... They have 2 in stock.

it is a nice tight fit, the housings fit back together nice, I cut the pins on the element down to about 3/16" and soldered the mic wires to them then installed in the housing so they would not touch anything when the case 1/2's together

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated