• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chinese Clone???

Should'a looked before asking anything. Saw where it's 'powered' so it's an electret mic element. What's the 'second' button for, the one in the finger section of the mic?
- 'Doc

The projection in the finger area is the gain control. I remove mine and adjust the gain with a jeweler's screwdriver thru the hole. Get a better grip without the little plastic knob getting in the way. I just cover the hole with tape to keep gunk out.

Started raining...

So I put the element in. It sure sounds nice. Sounds much more natural and fuller sounding. I have a deep voice that scares babies when I talk, so your results may vary.

I like it, thanks for the post.

Reactions: 1 person
Make sure it is the two terminal electret element and observe the polarity and you should be good to go.;)

You can even widen the hole for the audio a little if you like. I opened it to 1/8 and it works very well.

And your correct, It will not fit. I was refering to the Boafeng hand mic. However if you have exceptional soldering skills you may want to try something like I did, It allows the radio to acheave full deviation in 5 and 2.5 KHz modes, And it too works very well. I at some point in the future am going to try to add a mic gain to this handheld by way of adding a SMD 500 ohm variable resistor. When you read through this you will undersdertand what I mean. Being that your in southeast ohio, you may be able to hit the N3KZ'ed repeater out by Harrisburg and can hear what it sounds like for yourself when I am on the system.

N5GOR » Baofeng UV-5R low TX modulation mods

N5GOR » Baofeng UV-5R : Modulation Fix!

At the very least it will be a good read for ya.

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry, reread your post. You did say hand mic, I just overlooked that, probably assumed it said handheld.

I read those articles sometime back. It seems like everything coming out lately has something disconcerting about it. I wish they'd beta test this stuff before dumping it on the masses.

yes I agree. But because of this it helps those of us to keep sharp at redesigning things. Kind of like a double edge sword of sorts.

In the big $$$$ game of get it built, and get it out there, very little goes the way of quality control anymore, another sad fact of the times and if the components get any smaller I will need a pc microscope to work on them.

Sorry, reread your post. You did say hand mic, I just overlooked that, probably assumed it said handheld.

I read those articles sometime back. It seems like everything coming out lately has something disconcerting about it. I wish they'd beta test this stuff before dumping it on the masses.

They're just following Microsoft's business plan.

anyone looking for these r/s elements can also get them online from radioshack with free shipping,, my local store had 2 and said they wont be getting anymore in so I checked a couple other stores around here, they said they show that they had them in stock but couldn't find them, so I just ordered a few more from r/s online #270-090, I have a astatic d104 desk mic that could use a new element so im going to try one of these in it,, just need to add a resistor to the circuit board to send power to the element and wire the head so the white wire goes to the element + and the red wire goes to the element - pins

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.