• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 gtl 1992

go for it Robb. i hate trying to help on a 148 radio.
Well, I would hope that when people want to fix their radio - which is all fine and great - that they would start to give some data on what they found so far. You know what I mean; power issues. Did it get reversed voltage and pop the protection diode? If not; then is the regulator getting voltage to the main rail? And so on . . .

Reactions: sonoma
Well, I would hope that when people want to fix their radio - which is all fine and great - that they would start to give some data on what they found so far. You know what I mean; power issues. Did it get reversed voltage and pop the protection diode? If not; then is the regulator getting voltage to the main rail? And so on . . .
I unsoldered the final still get no power to the radio like its dead but i do hear a hum around the chassis when i put my ear on it

I just had it laying around for a long time last time it was fired up was like last year.

Does the radio light up? Channel display is lit? Does the tx/rx light change when keying the mic? What do you mean that the voltage is going crazy? It should be stable at 9v (newer radios) and not changing much at all. Power issues are the first and easiest part of a radio to learn to troubleshoot. After that, it gets a bit more dicey.

Does the radio light up? Channel display is lit? Does the tx/rx light change when keying the mic? What do you mean that the voltage is going crazy? It should be stable at 9v (newer radios) and not changing much at all. Power issues are the first and easiest part of a radio to learn to troubleshoot. After that, it gets a bit more dicey.
Dosent do anything at all its dead but i do hear a humm

Rx/tx light is dead,channel display is dead ,meter light is dead

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?