• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 gtl china model

now ihave another issue i lost rx and tx i didnt do the mod yet wonder what it can be? thanks. my channel display works and meter light works looks like i lost tx power and rx power strnge

do you have voltage on pin 9 of the PLL. there is a resister to the pll R130 a 10 ohm 1/2 watt they may have shorted. it runs just under the channel control with a wire feed to it. if it gets hot and shorts you can lose all power. I think stock it is a 1/4 watt and goes bad. see if you can find it. may not be it but take a look. here is the bulletin on it.

http://downloads.cobra.com/CB/TSB/TSB10002.pdf

have had 3 do this over the years and you will have the light and channel display but normally it will appear to be locked where it is at. you need to at least rule this out to proceed on.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but what's the point of unlocking the clarifier?

To get every station's transmit frequency the same on the channel. So you don't have to twist the fine-tune every time a different station keys up and talks. The stock setup will cause every radio to have a slightly-different transmit frequency. Having everyone transmit on the same frequency is just easier.

Time to have a look at the 9-Volt regulator. It looks like a final transistor, but should be marked some variation of "7809". Pretty sure it's near the center of one side rail between front and rear, on the same side as the audio-power chip.

Should have the power-supply voltage, 13.8 or whatever your supply is set for on the pin towards the rear of the radio, and 9 Volts on the pin towards the front. Center pin is ground. If the mount screw has come loose, it can overheat and fail.

voltage is a little low on pin 9. why not find the R130 resister and change it out and see what happens. if that does not bring it back check what Nomad has told you to try. it should be on a wire with heat shrink on it as the bulletin states I left you.

if yours has the board I am thinking it is R130 runs under the board and heat shrink over the 10 ohm resister. sounds about like the red wire you are talking about. see if there is a resister in the wire.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated