• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 gtl cosmetic mods

tuner

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Hello Members,

Just wondered if anyone would like to share pics and ideas about customizing your cobra 148 gtl . Big or little mods . Back lighting face plates, cover and face repair etc.I will have to post my pic later thanks in advance

Tuner

Last edited:

I guess the biggest question is who you are trying to impress? CB buddies, lot lizards, yourself? What are you trying to achieve? Gold krylon maybe?
Maybe he just likes the custom look, a lot of people customize their items to make them more personal.

Tuner, I think there is a website called "gamma ray graphics", they supply decals with any image you like, if you apply the decal correctly it should last you a while.

Nitro knobs (clear) + LED rings, add a small i.c. and make a vu meter out of the nitro knobs, this one seems to be popular South of the Border.

I have also seen some vinyl sheets applied to the factory tins/lids and the outcome looked really good.

Reactions: tuner
Maybe he just likes the custom look, a lot of people customize their items to make them more personal.

Tuner, I think there is a website called "gamma ray graphics", they supply decals with any image you like, if you apply the decal correctly it should last you a while.

Nitro knobs (clear) + LED rings, add a small i.c. and make a vu meter out of the nitro knobs, this one seems to be popular South of the Border.

I have also seen some vinyl sheets applied to the factory tins/lids and the outcome looked really good.

Thanks Leap frog :)

Reactions: LeapFrog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?