• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 gtl cosmetic mods

Hey all, just happened upon this subject and I need some info too. I picked up a side mic 148 GTL (plus a bunch of other stuff) for $30. It has 3 switches on the right side for frequencies (total 120?) it works but is WELL used. plenty of scratches and discoloration plus a freq chart was taped to the top cover (sticky mess!)

I am trying to get the faceplate done up (stock would be best, but not picky) if anyone has a source to find these parts that would be great. I would like to restore her back to looking and operational shape.

Hey all, just happened upon this subject and I need some info too. I picked up a side mic 148 GTL (plus a bunch of other stuff) for $30. It has 3 switches on the right side for frequencies (total 120?) it works but is WELL used. plenty of scratches and discoloration plus a freq chart was taped to the top cover (sticky mess!)

I am trying to get the faceplate done up (stock would be best, but not picky) if anyone has a source to find these parts that would be great. I would like to restore her back to looking and operational shape.

Here's a case: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Trucker...184742?hash=item41b7107aa6:g:PVMAAOSwcLxYHKc6

Could drill some holes for the three switches.
There are a ton of faceplates on eBay.

Reactions: Don_Q
right now a guy on the bay has new bezel's for this radio for 16.00 shipped. you would just need a face plate for it.there is thousands of options on the web to renew this radio.
the ones for 16.00 are sold out now but you can get one for 20.00.

Reactions: tuner and Don_Q
Thanks guys. I am now getting my creative juices flowing, thanks again :)
Don , on the 148 I plan to add lights to has the poor man's freq expansion the switches on the front high and low tone and bright /dim are repurposed as freq switches That way you don't have to install additional switches.

Reactions: Don_Q

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.