• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 148gtl dx

spearfish

Dec 3, 2008
yorkshire,uk
just picked this up today,been in someones attic 15 years.totally standard never touched.original mic,not in pic.bracket and power lead.awsome receive and audio quality.any comments welcome.
DSC01294-1.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

DSC01291.jpg
(y)

just picked this up today,been in someones attic 15 years.totally standard never touched.original mic,not in pic.bracket and power lead.awsome receive and audio quality.any comments welcome.
DSC01294-1.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

DSC01291.jpg
(y)

That radio is
JUNK!!!!

Send it to me I will dispose of it for you (y)

Very nice. I had a Cobra 148 GTL DX+, old school dual final Export. Bad to the bone radio, and hard to find now.

I'm surprised Cobra has stopped making both base stations and SSB radios, as there definately is a market for them! Actually, a Cobra 2000GTL, used ones often sale for what they did (or higher) when they were brand new!

Cobra never made any of their radio's in the first place, still don't today. Uniden built the best Cobras ever for them. With cell phones and internet the market for cb radio's is very small. There are many truck drivers today that don't even run radio's, crazy. They are too busy with XM radio, mp3's, and c/d's.

Lots of OTR truckers are running FRS/GMRS radios now. FM... no hetrodynes/noise,etc. Smaller antenna than CB. The UNIVERSAL MOBILE units are very popular with drivers right now, but hard to find. Look like CBs with hand mikes, ext spkrs, FRS/GMRS freqs, 20W PEP output, and external antenna connection. My brother, who drives for Schneider, runs one and loves it. He says most Schneider drivers have one. I asked him to get one for me but no luck so far.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.