• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 25 WX ST with a mind of its own

the only thing that still has power on it when you turn off the radio is the WX board. have seen them in cobra 29 radios do some stuff like your is doing. just think about it. when the radio turns off at the switch the wx board is all that is left with power on it. the alert is not powered with the switch. so what else could it be. as others said you have a ghost in the radio. check and make sure your switch turns off all the way. never saw one that stays partially on. if so the main radio would be on.

Thanks Sonoma. That sure makes sense, if the WX is still powered even after the switch is off. This has happened about 4 times. The radio is off, then out of no where it comes on with a loud squeal, meter light also on and I have to unplug the back power cable to depower it. I'll try to research it and disconnect the power lead wire to the WX. Thanks again.

Reactions: Robb
They don't call em Soundcrappers for nothing. Probably the worst radio's Cobra ever stamped their name on.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?