• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 classic HELP!

Channel Splitter NH

Dec 13, 2014
Just got a 29 classic the has been a super mod done to it. Capacitor and resistor looks good. D-11 has been cut ... Channels are duplicate like I have no channel 32 but 2 channel 33's and so on and so forth it seems like I have the same channel twice and it skips one does that make sense what I'm saying haha.

[QUOTE="Channel Splitter NH Channels are duplicate like I have no channel 32 but 2 channel 33's and so on and so forth it seems like I have the same channel twice and it skips one does that make sense what I'm saying haha.[/QUOTE]

what?

And it starts on channel 20 so 20 is really 21 and 21 is right as if channel 20,22,24,26,28,30,32,34,36,38 and 40 don't exist there the channel in front of it ....

The pll chip, channel selector switch, and the solder joints on the board between these parts are suspect. Might be a faulty pll chip. Wouldn't be the first time. Is the chaannel selector shaft wobbly? Has someone tried to hack the pll chip solder points? Either DIY or send it off if you don't have a clue . . .

Reactions: Sideways

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.