• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 No TX Output

I've been looking for a replacement for the erf7530 transistor. Seems they are getting hard to find since palomar changed hands.

Actually it was RF Limited (Magnum) that used lots of these finals and contracted a company to make them for their use. They probably just re-stamped a transistor they already made to say ERF7530. Once Sam Lewis passed away the electronics company that made these finals lost their main customer so they stopped making them. Palomar and X-Force were also using them. RF Limited is not saying what final was being re-stamped so it's still a mystery.

This statement is a bit confusing, as one end of your "bias component" goes to PC board ground.
Unless you just put a piece of wire in place of R56, i can't see how this could happen.

As for the RFX85, there are two amplifying transistors in it, and both are available so it shouldn't be too hard to repair the RFX85 unit.
LC

Do you have a part number that replaces the ERF7530? That would be great.

Reactions: Robb
kaos thats the IRF520 and was figured out years ago, to the point that galaxy and others just started using them instead of the ERF part.

It's the big ERF7530 in the TO-218 package that we need to figure out a sub for.

and to answer the question, no i don't know of one yet.
I have asked a couple of people about it, but haven't gotten anywhere.
LC

Reactions: Robb
there is a few for sale on the auction site but US is 39.99 each and Italy they are 21.00 each plus shipping. those are the only ones I have seen in a long time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated