• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 500XL

Well ampsrus.net had a sale going on the xforce B biased Magna Force 600 amp. I put my order in for one.... but come to find out they were sold out:(after I made my purchase online. I told Col. at Ampsrus I was not happy about this. He said he felt my pain and offered me a Cobra 500 XL for the same price as the XForce:D The Cobra is AB1 biased and has a built in low pass filter. All a plus for me because I want to run it on the Base. I got it in the mail Tuesday hooked it up and gave it a run.... So far I am getting good reports. I installed a cooling fan to keep the heat down when I bucket mouth. All in all I am very happy $271.68 shipped to my door for a cobra 500 XL. Hats off to Col. at Ampsrus(y)

the col. is definately a stand up guy . drifter , i didnt realize it was a blow out sale just for the 600's he had in stock when i put up that post . i just got a palomar 225 from him and the shipping was fast and the price was right . hes definately on my very short list of trusted dealers in the 11 meter business .

I would have rather had the xforce you wanted to begin with.

I don't think I'd be too happy right now.

Magna Force 600 is 4 x 2879's

That Cobra is 4 x 1446's.

yuck

Obviously, GLR doesn't understand the beauty of the XL500. Maybe the thought of those few extra watts out of the 2879s is what appeals to him.

I wonder if we could teach him anything about properly designed and built amplifiers or just leave him to his ignorance about how great xforce is.

I don't think it's ignorance at all and the magna force would be far far far from my choice if I was in the market for an amp. I prefer something entirely different. Having said that though I would take it over that Cobra.

Are you trying to tell me that the cobra/messenger/whatever is a properly built and designed amplifier? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok I will stop laughing for a moment.

Please tell me exactly what makes that a properly built and designed amplifier.

Its superior RF design; the parasitic suppression on the input, the temperature compensated AB bias, the low pass filtering on the output. I'm sure there is more.

its also very broad banded , can cover (if i recall correctly) 6-80 meters . theres much more to amps then just the pills and rated power............i learned that RIGHT HERE . ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated