1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Comment on Universal Radio's page about the FTM-350

Discussion in 'Ham Equipment' started by Moleculo, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Moleculo

Moleculo
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Here's the text from universal radio's website in the FTM-350 page:

"Special Note:
    On 02/19/10 Yaesu announced a firmware upgrade to address an anomaly in the NAVIgation feature. All radios shipped by Universal after this date have this update. Customers who have previously purchased a FTM-350R can make arrangements for having their radio firmware upgraded by contacting the Yaesu Amateur Radio Customer Service Department in California at 714 827-7600."

I wonder how Yaesu knew about these problems...LOL. Look at the date of when I got my rig back:

http://www.worldwidedx.com/vhf-uhf-...su-ftm-350-lock-up-problems-5.html#post181677

Coincidence? I think not. :D

2. Nursecosmo

Nursecosmo
    Expand Collapse

They knew better than to piss you off Mole. ;) For your next move, tell them to provide a firmware update for the FT-8900 which will create memory banks, and open up 11Mhz.

3. Happy_Hamer

Happy_Hamer
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I think it is VERY stupid to not allow the user to update firmware themselves :headbang

4. Robb

Robb
    Expand Collapse
    Yup

Yaesu will probably want you to review their radios now. You showed them metal. One should think so. They would be foolish if they didn't. You're on the map with them! LOL!