• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D104 Silver Eagle?

Dipstick

Jul 13, 2010
Is the D104 Silver Eagle the best mic for the cobra 2000gtl?

It is still a good mic to use on the cobra though aint it?

Last edited:

I wouldn't necessarily say "best" ...there may not be a "best", but any of the amplified D 104's always usually sound good on most radios, including your Cobra. And they do certainly look good.

In a few days I'm going to have available a Silver Eagle with a Variable Tweety Bird Noise Toy in it for $125 shipped if you're interested. Or $85 shipped without the Tweety.

Last edited:
As far as mics go its trial and error. You have to taylor to your voice and use SSB AM ETC. Although now Ive seen a particular mic sound good on one radio and another person with the same radios heres this other radio and runs out and finds the same mic just to find out for whatever reason its not the same and that it wasnt that simple and it does not sound as good as the radio setup he heard. Theres factors that need to be taken into consideration. Antenna, tuning of radio and a persons voice to name a few.

on my washington and grant my tug9 D104 gets good compliments and does better than the new stock uniden mic from my 78ltw or my DP-56 . the 2018 xtreme kicks its azz on either radio without any echo to keep it fair . ive herd the turner +3 and SSK are awesome on them and i have one , but haven't been able to get it to work yet :) .

Robb I actually used the Cobra 2000GTL and D104 years ago and it hammered pretty good and sounded great but.....I have learned through the years that it all depends what a persons main use is or where they talk most.

For example I started as strict AM user and in 1990 found SSB I then used AM on occasian to talk to a few friends but I was found mostly on SSB. My radios with there D104 mics sounded fine but I had learned that the Turner Plus Three was an actual compression microphone so as far as SSB goes well it speaks for itself.

All in all if your a person or operator that flips around between AM and SSB then the D104 is fine like I said I used D104 mics for years and still own several D104 along with several of the other astatic microphones base and mobile or handheld along with about every Turner made again handheld and base versions.

Last edited:
???
I thought the Turner +3 uses a ceramic element mic with a compressor circuit built into the preamp - same as the Turner Super-Sidekick I think.

I use my D104 on my OmegaForce, as it sounds every bit as nice on SSB as it does on AM - so people have told me. That is the thing about radio; what we do is for the benefit of the other person that can hear us - LOL!

My opinion of the Cobra 2000GTL and the Silver Eagle, is that every time I hear them - they have the true classic clear modulation. Unless there is something wrong with their radio - of course.

Robb sorry about the confusion I meant Compression Microphone at first you had me lost LMAO!! That was until I seen that I had typed condensor which was because at the time I was thinking about how I also use to run the Sdelta base mics which are extremely touchy.

I had to go up and fix what I typed sorry about that and now this makes a little more sense I hope LOL.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated