• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Davis Bury Flex

Mr Clean

May 21, 2005
I think this is what im going with for the beam. Two 110 ft sections. Picking up a MJF 259B and some rotator cable also. Chickened out on the VA-1. Anyone using Bury Flex and how do you like it? I should be done buying after I get these last few things. Thank God!!!!!!!

I think this is what im going with for the beam. Two 110 ft sections. Picking up a MJF 259B and some rotator cable also. Chickened out on the VA-1. Anyone using Bury Flex and how do you like it? I should be done buying after I get these last few things. Thank God!!!!!!!

Mr. Clean, I've used over a 100' feet of 213 on an A99 in a pine tree, but I was not impressed with the performance after installation. I never did any real close observations either. The antenna always worked well in prior installs over the years, but I don't know what was going on if it had anything to do with the 213. I just worked the antenna until the tree died, and took it all down.

213 is pretty stiff, and it might present problems with rotating a beam. Just make sure and check out the full rotation before you get it up high.

Good luck and be careful,

Im looking at the 9914F like booty said is stranded. Want to get it for the very reason you stated Marconi.

I am using buryflex and it is very good so far. great price and according to davis is flexable enough for beams. I like the jacket as mine lays on the ground, animals never bother it like they did my other coax cables used before, darn rabbits. they seem to hate this stuff.

AP

I use Bury Flex for both of my VHF/UHF antennas, it works well for a good price. I'd say it is overkill for HF, but to each their own.

Im running 110 ft so im looking for low loss. Also im running the bottom 30 ft or so underground so I think it will be a good fit. Also havent skimped on anything and overkill is a good thing sometimes. Last but not least if I dont spend the extra on coax the wife will totally waste it paying bills or getting food or somthing stupid like that. (y)

Im running 110 ft so im looking for low loss. Also im running the bottom 30 ft or so underground so I think it will be a good fit. Also havent skimped on anything and overkill is a good thing sometimes. Last but not least if I dont spend the extra on coax the wife will totally waste it paying bills or getting food or somthing stupid like that. (y)
Don't forget the beer.:drool:

Ordered the coax and some jetstream rotator cable. Both have the conectors already on there. Going to start on the antenna this weekend.(y)

I use 300ft of Burry Flex and love it. The loss is damn low for the price. Squirels leave it alone and it is very flexible. And it has taken 3.5kw with no trouble!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.