• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dayton Hamvention 2010 Pictures and Video

Evidence that the Kenwood TS-590S does indeed exist! This is a far-away shot, but hopefully I'll receive some close-ups later.

Attachments

• Kenwood TS-590S.jpg
    Kenwood TS-590S.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 566
Dayton Day 1 - There are some good shots of the new Kenwood TS-590S. You can hear the Kenwood rep saying that the receiver in it will have very close to the same specs as the Elecraft K3. That will be one nice receiver, if it does! There are also images of the new Kenwood 7000 VHF/UHF HT and some new Alpha amplifier gear. Toward the end is the new Icom IC-9100H. You can hear the rep say the price on the IC-9100 will be $3000 with D-Star.

YouTube - Dayton Hamvention 2010

Here are some more pics that Slim sent me from Dayton:

New Icom IC-9100H:

moleculo-albums-dayton-2010-pics-slim-picture1929-icom-ic-9100.jpg

Icom IC-7600:

moleculo-albums-dayton-2010-pics-slim-picture1930-icom-ic-7600.jpg

New Kenwood TS-590S:

moleculo-albums-dayton-2010-pics-slim-picture1927-kenwood-ts-590s-after-mechanic-got-into.jpg

Rear of Kenwood TS-590S:

moleculo-albums-dayton-2010-pics-slim-picture1928-kenwood-ts-590s-rear.jpg

Kenwood TS-590S after Mechanic got into it (just for Happy_Hamer :) )

moleculo-albums-dayton-2010-pics-slim-picture1926-kenwood-ts-590s.jpg

Mechanic got a new SWR Meter, LOL

moleculo-albums-dayton-2010-pics-slim-picture1924-mechanic-his-new-swr-meter.jpg

The Camo color Icom IC-7200

moleculo-albums-dayton-2010-pics-slim-picture1925-camo-icom-ic-7200.jpg

I also want to try the wouxun HT!! My son wants the FLEX 5000 they sent me the testdrive disk lastyear and Iloded it in my computer and man does that thing have the options right infront of you on the screen its easy to run and is amazing!!! I been waiting for the damn price on that new Kenwood they always had a great receive in there rigs filtering seems better than most. If that new rig has a decent price on it I may end up running a Kenwood on the main bench again ;) I had to laugh when I seen that radio was tuned to 3.913.00 (y)

I still think the VX-8DR is still a better HT over the new TH-D72, although I haven't seen the new Kenwood. It will be interesting to see the price, if it's low enough could be great. ;)

73 Darryl VA7DTP

I was there Saturday. I am very fortunate to live just 15 miles from Hara Arena... and try to never miss a Hamvention.

You may have noticed me... I had this T-Shirt on:

hamv-f.JPG

I want to thank the 40 or so people that during the day commented "nice shirt", others that asked to shake my hand, and the two that asked to take a pic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated