• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Destroyer Amps - AM Power Amps

He may be somewhere sitting in a chair giving words of wisdom to someones children or people in need of the valuable information he has to offer.

Can anyone provide details to me instead of small talk because there is nothing to do..!!

Honestly im requesting anything on these companies positive/negative feedback, websites or contact details.

Thanks looking forward to hearing back soon.

Adam (AM Power) used to work for another amplifier company and then left to do AM Power amplifiers. He is not an amp builder, he is a solder jockey who copied the standard class C cb amplifier design and puts them together. He is a one man show with no real store or long term web address.

Destroyer amplifiers seem to be a more stable company with a web site and a better reputation I would say.

Last, you need to understand the nature of the business. It's an illegal product with no standards. You won't find them registered with the BBB. Amp builders are always lying low and changing web addresses from time to time. They are taking a chance on getting busted by the FCC so you kinda have to take them for what they are and decide for yourself which one to buy.

Reactions: 1 person
you need to understand the nature of the business. It's an illegal product with no standards. You won't find them registered with the BBB. Amp builders are always lying low and changing web addresses from time to time. They are taking a chance on getting busted by the FCC so you kinda have to take them for what they are and decide for yourself which one to buy.

Very well put and it dont get any clearer than this.

Lasted 3 pages longer than I would have expected it to.

Since I am here, don't forget Adam's custom manufactured, Ultra high power, super low VSWR, AMPOWER branded coax he was trying to sell several years back.

I remember one picture he had posted of a full reel where he had laid a pack of smokes on it to try and hide the label with the manufacturer's name and spec.

Reactions: 1 person

pmsl,

possibly.

1. maybe they need to learn how to tune radios from him.
B. they might need him to restock their dwindling bi-polar transistor supply from his secret stash.
C. Maybe that nitro-oxygenatedfluxsupercooling system could be the answer to their radios drifting like a sailboat in a hurricane.

let's face it, the Atlantic ocean hasn't stopped him from achieving cult status in the UK, i doubt very much the Pacific will do much to harm his never ending flow of bullshit. He might even achieve honorary ninja status in the far east with those lethal hands.

Reactions: IMD262

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.