• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile Diesel 4000 Watt "Big Coil" Too good to be true?

Stryker would have you believe it's 10KW :p

Stryker SR-A10 CB Antenna Important Features Includes:
  • 6 Gauge Solid Copper 100% Silver Plate Wire
  • 10,000 Watts Power Handling Capability
  • Extremely Efficient High “Q” Coil
  • Double Wall Coil Cover made from High Impact Mobay Plastic
  • Can be Tune for 26 – 30 Mhz
  • 10” Stainless Steel Shaft
  • 49” Stainless Steel Whip
  • Reduced Static Interference
  • RF Gain wide open or back off slightly
  • Standard 3/8” x 24” Thread on Shaft
  • 2 Year Warranty
(I'm sure its probably a very nice antenna)

I believe it's also water cooled. :D Looks like they are going to stand behind the product but why pretend it never happened?

18519885_292621894523211_384976597356568505_n.jpg 18519947_292866074498793_5305260083666407539_n.jpg

So their product failed, Member posts the failure, They're kick from group? Cover up anyone?
And whats funny is, I see so many people in groups just IN LOVE with strykers junk and their antennas. Most are either barefoot or just running a couple hundred.... I guess a radio that has a flashy clown face with "big output" that has more "channels" then they'll ever use is worth all the money they spend on them. OR, These cats running almost no real power need those BIG POWER antennas "Because they work so much better!"
Then again, I "upset" a member in one group when I told him he didn't need a wilson 5K for a stock cobra 29lx and its the same as a little will just higher capacity.... Somehow a big number written on it makes it perform so much more. Not the fact its still a bottom loaded 1/4 wave antenna. Just less coil and more stinger.... And we were talking mag mount version. Not bolt on type. But, If you did fire 5 kilos into a mag mount, Wouldn't that trash the paint under it?! Or wait, Wilson is now barjan. 5K would just destroy it anyway.
But what do I know?

Too bad these aren't commercially available.
20160903_152044_zpspo4ibnk7.jpg

Isn't that "more coil", compared to a commercially manufactured unit (a Wilson 5k would be longer, no?) and is that for 11 meters? Looks great none-the-less! Awesome work
with a neat capacitance hat, very nice.

Edit: Some reading on hats
Some folks think cap hats are for the birds! But, if you want the best performance (read that as the highest efficiency) out of an HF mobile antenna, they are the only way to accomplish the goal, yet maintain some modicum of practicality. They have some drawbacks as any system will have, but the pluses outweigh the minuses.
{from the link}
-LeapFrog

Last edited:
You can actually make one easy enough. Just buy the hub from DX engineering and radial rods if needed. I prefer straight radials for capacity hats because that loop is a tree branch catcher.

Below is a pic of the hub which takes a standard 3/8 x 24 threaded mast. Just push some rods thru the holes then make a coil with enameled copper wire around some PVC pipe. It'll take a little trial and error to get the match right but it will work great when completed.

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-hrhub-2p

dxe-hrhub-2p_it_xl.jpg

DXE-HR-2P.jpg

You can actually make one easy enough. Just buy the hub from DX engineering and radial rods if needed. I prefer straight radials for capacity hats because that loop is a tree branch catcher.

Below is a pic of the hub which takes a standard 3/8 x 24 threaded mast. Just push some rods thru the holes then make a coil with enameled copper wire around some PVC pipe. It'll take a little trial and error to get the match right but it will work great when completed.

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-hrhub-2p

dxe-hrhub-2p_it_xl.jpg

DXE-HR-2P.jpg
now they just need to start selling all the other parts

Isn't that "more coil", compared to a commercially manufactured unit (a Wilson 5k would be longer, no?) and is that for 11 meters? Looks great none-the-less! Awesome work
with a neat capacitance hat, very nice.

Edit: Some reading on hats {from the link}
-LeapFrog
I ended up removing half the coil after adding the cap hat. Then I just had to readjust the spacing between the coils after I got done removing the unnecessary coils.
Now I just need to find someone with a tractor that could use it. I don't really have a use for it since I slip seat
20160904_122950_zpsxi3ochd1.jpg

Just as a note that is probably the worst type of mount you could ever have.
It was only for rough tuning. I stopped slightly short of resonance. Grounded through a 1.25" trailer axle and roller bearings for a hinge as well as the latching mechanism. It was never meant to be used that way. My real antenna is on the roof. I didn't have a tractor to mount it on so I improvised to get it roughly in the ballpark before I sent it to a guy but he never picked it up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.