• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Digital TV

Big Dog

Sep 4, 2008
I thought I heard that when this comes into effect , there will be no more concern of TV interferance or vice-versa, is this accurate? Thanks

Wont be any on 6m. That said you can still interfer with poorly engineered devices.

There still can be lots of issues
Due Mostly to the poorly made other devices..

I remember one guy saying yrs ago how he said he knew i was interfering with his satellite tv reception (direct tv )

Bottom line is
If you have a large and or easily seen antenna
They will likely go out of the way to claim you are causing TVI and or other interference

I thought I heard that when this comes into effect , there will be no more concern of TV interferance or vice-versa, is this accurate? Thanks

DARN:headbang:headbang,..... and i only need 2 more for my WAN award (worked all neighbors):love::love::love:

There will still be "proximity overload" issues. That's a high power or relatively high power transmitter right next to a differing receiver. Even my expensive highly filtered ham rig interferes with my own satellite TV. The less filtered Galaxy High Power interferes even worse. My antenna is roof mounted right above the indoor satellite box. It would help to move the antenna far away from the house...but I can't do that. Some "interference" problems you just have to live with. There are specialized bandpass notch filters that can be tried. The good ones are pricey....and you can try them and they still don't eliminate the problem. Some situations would require a pro tech with a spectrum analyzer ect...to check everything out and determine what the exact problem is with a given station.

and hear I always thought that this was the best part of radio operations. Good ole TVI and Bleedover . Are we all having fun yet ? :love: In the end , you try and use the cleaniest of equipment and work with your neighbors the best you can.

Digital will be less as was cable and sat ,but there are no garentees, but if you ain't got the time and the dime to clean things up and the patients to deal with your neighbors concerning this shit , you could be asking for trouble nowadays.

And to answer your question , the digtal turn over does help alot from my experiance. So that's a good thing . I learned along time ago that AM always seemed to be a lot dirtier compared to SSB , so SSB has become my main mode of operations at the home 20.

IM to old for the bullshit and pissed off neighbors , been there done that over the years , NO MORE ! Nowadays my neighbors tend to be friendly to a degree rather then if the looks could kill routine. Even if I was a Ham and felt I had all these government rights , I don't bother people just like I don't want to be bothered in return.

Radio operations of any kind are no longer that importent to me when it comes to my neighbors as it once was when I was basically telling them to _ uck off !! My bad !! but that was a long long time ago. I say clean your shit up before you regrete it . The laws of changed and disturbing the peace and standing in front of a judge is not worth it to me today.

My personal rights as they are today is to treat others the way I would want to be treated. So when shit does come my way , I remember where I once was , and what has gone around will evenchilly make it back our ways, one way or the other. So now the shoe is on the other foot (so to speak) I can only be nice about for so long and then do what is needed to keep my personal rights intack.

and hear I always thought that this was the best part of radio operations. Good ole TVI and Bleedover . Are we all having fun yet ? :love: In the end , you try and use the cleaniest of equipment and work with your neighbors the best you can.

Digital will be less as was cable and sat ,but there are no garentees, but if you ain't got the time and the dime to clean things up and the patients to deal with your neighbors concerning this shit , you could be asking for trouble nowadays.

And to answer your question , the digtal turn over does help alot from my experiance. So that's a good thing . I learned along time ago that AM always seemed to be a lot dirtier compared to SSB , so SSB has become my main mode of operations at the home 20.

IM to old for the bullshit and pissed off neighbors , been there done that over the years , NO MORE ! Nowadays my neighbors tend to be friendly to a degree rather then if the looks could kill routine. Even if I was a Ham and felt I had all these government rights , I don't bother people just like I don't want to be bothered in return.

Radio operations of any kind are no longer that importent to me when it comes to my neighbors as it once was when I was basically telling them to _ uck off !! My bad !! but that was a long long time ago. I say clean your shit up before you regrete it . The laws of changed and disturbing the peace and standing in front of a judge is not worth it to me today.

My personal rights as they are today is to treat others the way I would want to be treated. So when shit does come my way , I remember where I once was , and what has gone around will evenchilly make it back our ways, one way or the other. So now the shoe is on the other foot (so to speak) I can only be nice about for so long and then do what is needed to keep my personal rights intack.
I agree with you about not pissing off my neighbors, cause what goes around comes around, plus Id be pissed if someone screwed up my tv and claimed they had a right. So im studing for the Tech test with my 11 year old son but if its gonna be a real headache trying to set up a base rig mabe well just get a mobile and a handheld , for now.

little lady acroos the alley
had rabbit ears oh man i couldnt talk for nothing till after 8pm
then i had my 5 tube heathkit
at 730 i was warming up the beast an at 8 or 815 i could fire down

now my neighbor next door had dishnetwork
no matter if i had 100 watts i still would bleed into his tv
so one weekend
i ran my dishnetwork to his house
bleedover at 100 watts stopped nothing
all i did was run my rg-6 from my house to his tv
so i had it narrowed down
i had a 35 inch magnavox less than 10 feet away for amp
never had any problems
i went to a lcd flatscreen
so i took my 35 magnavox to him and installed it still had lines on it and could hear the dead ducks of the past trying to get in

so called up dishnetwork had them come check it out
some to find out the guy who did the dishnetwork install did not replace the old coax from cable lines
so we replaced all new lines with rg6
and new connectors
now it dont matter if im cranking 1000 or 4500
this guys problems were solved.

sure im running little fire
but if someone else would had done his job correctly then i would not have had the problem

it all comes down to setting up right and doing it right

oh and the little lady across my alley
she still has rabbit ears
but with a digital box hooked up
no problems
i can crank all day long
even if im running 100 watts or just a little more just enought to make that contact she has never called
i went to check on her she still kicking and had my better half key up the base and sure enough no problems

I wouldn't sweat the setting up of a base station. Follow good grounding principles, use a low pass filter and use the minimum amount of power necessary to carry out reliable communication and the likelihood of having problems are slim and even if you do they will most likely be easily remedied.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.