• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DM-452 Mic Wiring for Cobra 4 pin

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
For some reason, I cannot seem to find a diagram to wire this mic for a 4-pin Cobra radio.

It has five wires: shield, red, white, black, and blue.

Just thought someone might have the pinout for it.
Thanks

Last edited:

Here you go Robb. Hope this helps. Found the following for cobra 4 pin mic wiring for that mic with the wire colors you have.
Pins:
1. Black/Shield/-ground
2. White- mic
3. Red-TX
4. Blue-RX
Again, hope this helps. Have a good one.

Reactions: Robb
Thanks!
Actually, turned out that pin 3 was RX and pin 4 was TX for this mic. But it got me close enough to figure it out. These mics have always been a little screwy.

Pins:
1. Black/Shield/-ground
2. White- mic
3. Blue-RX
4. Red-TX

Much appreciated!

Last edited:
Glad you got it working. Good mics for the money. A sleeper mic per say LOL! They do work well though!! Anyways, again, glad you got it figured out. Good deal(y)(y)
73 and God Bless.

Addendum:

Today, I rewired yet another on of these mics. It has no black wire. The yellow wire takes the place of the black wire, so wire according to the above pinout knowing that.

These mics are a bit inconsistent in their wire colors/mic cables, but for the money, they seem to do all right. I've heard some claim that they are as good as a D-104/M6, but I cannot agree with that. But they are still a far sight better than a stock mic - IMO.

Last edited:
after 3 days getting mad i ran across this thread on google. thx a bunch for it too. i wouldnt have thought the wires would be so diff.
in my case 222dbf was correct. and used the yellow wire with shield rob mentioned. i would have never gotton this if not for this thread.. thx again,,
bluesky 106 in the sticks ,,john

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated