• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Does anyone have the Icom SM 8 desk mic Specifications??

tuner

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
I've been everywhere I can think of on the web, and I'm having no luck finding the specs.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks ;)

Thanks TBA, I have a Icom 720a that is missing a mic. I looked up on the Icom site what mic matches with what rig. For mine it has Hm7 , SM 5 , SM8.But it did not have the SM 30 on the list . I was told that a SM 30 would work fine. Id just like to be certain before I buy a new SM 30, that it will work . And basically be able to look at all 3 specifications and compare :)

Here are the specs for the SM30 desk mic. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_6159.PNG
    IMG_6159.PNG
    195.2 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_6158.PNG
    IMG_6158.PNG
    190.8 KB · Views: 381
Reactions: tuner
I can't say for sure, but I know the SM-20 and SM-30 works on the IC-736. The SM-8 is stated to also work on the IC-736. Therefore one might *expect* the SM-8 would work on all of them. It has been my experience that ICOM has held steady in that area. I will see what I can find however when I get some free time.

From the SM8 manual.
Read line 5 of the pic below. States the SM8 mic can work with all Icom radios due to the high/Low output switch.
The SM-30 should work jusr fine. I've found that most Icom mics are compatible with other radios from Icom. As long as it's the same mic element and the same impedance, I would think it would work just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_6162.PNG
    IMG_6162.PNG
    165.8 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_6161.PNG
    IMG_6161.PNG
    196.9 KB · Views: 808
No problem. Keep updating as to how it goes and what you end up doing. Have looked at the SM30 as well as a host of other mics as well for my IC746. But for now it sounds pretty good with the stock HM12 mic and my voice. Get good audio reports all the time. Guess I must have it set up just right.
At any rate. Keep us posted. And have a good one.
73 and God Bless

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated