• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

donkeystomper amps

roger460xvr

Feb 7, 2016
has anyone had one of these amps?any reviews .are they worth anything..looking at a 2-pill..never heard of them..would the texas star 350 be better.or a .x-force but they don't use 2879 ..

Reactions: Sonar

has anyone had one of these amps?any reviews .are they worth anything..looking at a 2-pill..never heard of them..would the texas star 350 be better.or a .x-force but they don't use 2879 ..

Of course, I believe a Texas Star 350 would be a much better choice. The DEI 2SC2879 transistors that come in the TS350 are not the best out there, but driven moderately at about 3 watts, they perform well.
I have three of the Texas Star 350 amps that I have changed all of them over to Toshiba 2SC2879's . And the latest newer HG 2SC2879 transistors are demonstrating some reliable performance also.
Get a Texas Star 350 and a couple of Toshiba 2SC2879 transistors and I'll change them out for you plus checking the input and output tuning capacitors.

Looks like they went up a little more but you get what you pay for.

The donkey stomper is the same design as the xforce. If he's using Toshiba transistors he's building a better amp than x force offers.

All these new builders are using the same design. The biggest difference is how well they tune the amps larger than a 4 pill. 4 pill and smaller is copy and paste.

I didn't like Texas Star when they used Toshiba pillz. No way I'd buy one with dei transistors.

Reactions: BBB and Crusher
Looks like they went up a little more but you get what you pay for.

The donkey stomper is the same design as the xforce. If he's using Toshiba transistors he's building a better amp than x force offers.

All these new builders are using the same design. The biggest difference is how well they tune the amps larger than a 4 pill. 4 pill and smaller is copy and paste.

I didn't like Texas Star when they used Toshiba pillz. No way I'd buy one with dei transistors.

Hey 543, not all copies are right. Some of the relay placements and extra long leads mess with the circuit. All are not created equal. But you knew that. But a lot of thes e guys don't

Hey 543, not all copies are right. Some of the relay placements and extra long leads mess with the circuit. All are not created equal. But you knew that. But a lot of these guys don't

Yep, I dont know who to recommend anymore. I used to say xforce was ok but I don't trust them anymore.

Everyone is cutting corners somewhere and they few that will do it right don't want to deal with the clientele anymore.

Yep, I dont know who to recommend anymore. I used to say xforce was ok but I don't trust them anymore.

Everyone is cutting corners somewhere and they few that will do it right don't want to deal with the clientele anymore.
ill give ya a review when it gets here on thurs,,,,,

I pity the donkey fool . . .

a0bbfcd09d9b7dbc56b76a07130972cf_400x400.png

Reactions: ExitThirteen

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated