• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Don't under estimate the Francis 8' fiberglass whip

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
I have a Predator 27" shaft 10K on the toolbox and ran a comparison test between the 10K and a 8' Francis whip.
The 10K had 2% reflect and the Francis had 1% reflect plus the Francis actually beat the 10K by 1/4 of an S unit. :shock:
Great antennas if you run 1kw peak power or less.
That amazed me.

them ole fish'in poles have been kick'in a$$ for many many years psycho !! ran one on a 81 Mustang for years. To bad they don't make them no more. :( no surprise the there :)

well...DUH!

Man have I had a few battles here over the years regarding these antennas. Freecell and I worked up a killer beast with three of these a few years ago and quite a few operators still use "gattling gun"
This antenna WILL make a mess out of coils in any real world tests period. A TRUE colinnear array in the spirit of the antron. probably the best mobile antenna ever made. They just dont LOOK cool and make some out of work lathe operator beer money. They also RECIEVE. If you cant hear em' you can't work em'
Let the games begin.......AGAIN!!
Punchin' out

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.