• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dragon SS-497 RF Gain adjustment help please?

Adamf

Jan 20, 2016
Hi all, I have had good luck with some excellent help from this forum! I have a Dragon SS-497 (same/similar to
INTEK Multicom-497, Dragon SS-497, Roadforce 497, Pro Star 497, Comanche Warrior, Eagle Tomahawk, Northpoint and Cherokee CBS 1000.) and the RF Gain has NO effect in any mode, hoping it is an internal adjustment. Anyone have a service manual and can tell me which potentiometer it may be to adjust it? Thanks for any help, Adam

I'm most likely stating the obvious, but check the soldering on the board at the back of the pot and also check the pot itself with a multimeter . It's most likely a faulty pot or bad joint.

Reactions: 222DBFL
I'm most likely stating the obvious, but check the soldering on the board at the back of the pot and also check the pot itself with a multimeter . It's most likely a faulty pot or bad joint.
Hi, thanks for the post, I have been to that site already but it does not say where the pot is for the RF Gain so if anyone knows which one it is that would help. Thank to all. Adam

Never seen an RF Gain pot on a radio board.
Typically, one uses a signal generator (set to ~3uV output) on a specific freq (27.185mhz/USB) using an O-scope on the audio output and then a series of coils (in this case, L30 through L36) are adjusted for max gain vs distortion seen on the O-scope. That is the quick way to do it.

after reading your 1st post there is not an adjustment inside the radio for the rf gain. it is controlled by the receive adjustments as was already mentioned to you and the pot on the front of the radio can be bad, dirty or bad solder joints. every one has already given you the basic info to start with. hope you get it going. I just repaired a galaxy 33 that I got cheap on ebay . the seller had to pay to have it shipped back from another buyer and they just said the radio did not work would only light up. only problem I found after getting it was dirty controls on the front of the radio. I got it dirt cheap due to another buyer saying the radio was junk and would not work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 222DBFL
after reading your 1st post there is not an adjustment inside the radio for the rf gain. it is controlled by the receive adjustments as was already mentioned to you and the pot on the front of the radio can be bad, dirty or bad solder joints. every one has already given you the basic info to start with. hope you get it going. I just repaired a galaxy 33 that I got cheap on ebay . the seller had to pay to have it shipped back from another buyer and they just said the radio did not work would only light up. only problem I found after getting it was dirty controls on the front of the radio. I got it dirt cheap due to another buyer saying the radio was junk and would not work.
OK good people, thanks, will clean and check all. Thanks again, Adam

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated