• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX2SP Emtron

You have yourself a very fine amplifier. Some things to keep in mind are that it's a tetrode amplifier and as little as 25 to 30 watts can drive it to 1500 watts PEP. The power transformer is rated at 4 kilowatts! Now that's impressive for an amateur amp. It has great protection circuits on the plate and screen. It's built to last a lifetime however, if you plan on keeping it that long take my advice and buy yourself a spare tube now before the price skyrockets.

The GU-84B tube has been out of production since the mid 1990's. Relatively cheap military surplus is still available but you can expect the prices to climb just like sweep tubes have over the last decade or two. It is also normal for the exhaust air temperature to be rather hot on an external anode tube when running it close to full output. The amp has dual speed temperature activated blower speeds so you're well covered there.

DX-2SP

dx1sp-front.jpg

dx1sp-internal.jpg

dx2sp-front.jpg

dx2sp-internals.jpg

dx3sp_display.jpg

dx3sp-front.jpg

dx3sp-internal2.jpgThe all new range of Emtron Amplifiers are now using the FU-728F tetrode and using the Eimac 4CX1500B base so you can still use the older 4CX1500B in the same amp.
You have to change the voltage on the power supply but the tap is included also.

The New SP version of the DX-2SP is rated at 2500watts pep but that is conservative as I myself have tested that model into a dummy load to give 3000watts PEP.

Check the all new Emtron Website for the latest information on the whole range including the brand new DX-1SP, DX-2SP and DX-3SP.

The brand new DX-1SP also now uses the FU-728F and gives a full 1500watts PEP.

The all new DX-3SP has two FU-728F Tetrodes giving a whopping 5000watts PEP.
I have also tested that into my Dummy Load.

No other Manufacturer has the inbuilt protection like the Emtron Range.

Emtron | HF Linear Amplifiers | Sydney

Get the latest prices and information as updates are still being included in these amplifier's to date, you are just a phone call or email away at all times.
Please Note: If emailing from outside Australia include your contact details like Phone Number along with time to phone..

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.