• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ECHO BOARDS ? THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
IM not looking for controversey here , just a few opinions ? I personally run a TRB-1 Echo board , IM no expert but I have also ran the Astatic Board as well , I personally found that the TRB-1 was a better board ,keeping in mind that I personally only look for a touch of echo/reverb for my audio out ...The TRB-1 is really a fantastic board with all that it can do as far as making all kinds of noise (which I personally don't need) but the quality is there . The Asatic boards just don't seem to tune up for that touch IM looking for ...they seem kind of cut and dry for what they are and you can only get so much out of them (kind of like the 452 mic's). Is there any other boards out there that can give that good touch of reverb/echo other then the Astatic's boards that are reasonabley priced ? (I find the mark up on these boards totally out ragious !!) thanks

yeah, i been seeing a lot of those astatic boards on ebay sometimes go for $8...makes me want to try one for that...

But the enhanced TRB-1 +TB boards often hit $40...

Yep, I wanted a good echo board...I might just get me some fancy box instead.

On a related note...what about those Galaxy/Sadelta mics...

Anything good there?

I think I'd like to have one of those dual meter ones too...but sometimes wanting is better than having? I dunno?

20 bucks on Ebay shipped you did pretty good on a Astatic echo board (as far as mark up goes) ....IM not much into the mic's but the 452's I find to be very close with the Astatic board in echo/reverb quality .....but I think the boards themselves tend to or seem to give the audio a lift up more so then the mic's do concerning the radios audio ? I could be wrong ? but that has seemed to be the case. The TRB-1s totally seem to elevate the audio out from the radios .IM just wondering if there is a basic board out there (other then the Astatic's) and doesn't cost a arm in a leg that could do a far job and still seem to elevate the audio from the radio ? (or so it would seem anyway) The old echo boards that were in the original connex 3300s were also excellent boards . Like I said before ...I just can't believe the mark up on these boards that some of these dealers are getting away with. )-: business is business. Happy New Year C2 .....oh .those Galaxy/Sadelta's echo base mic's have always held there own ....good strong mic's with or without a touch of echo .......only problems I've ever seen with those over the years was with the little red keying buttons on those breaking from time to time ...they used to be a pain in the butt to get replaced because the originals (Sadelta echo master +'s) were made in Italy .

The best board in my opinion is the LT-2N. It measures 2" x 1.5" and will fit easily into the smallest of radios. I have mounted these inside of 510XLs and Cobra 19+ radios. The other thing about these boards is that they perform tit for tat with the Turbo boards. One more advantage to these is the size of the control pots. They are small and fit nicely into those switch positions of those superstar and 148s. I do like the astatic pots a bit better because they are smaller, but the astatic echo boards dont hold a stick to an LT-2N. You can still get that digital endless echo and the robo and whammy effects with this board. They are $10- $15 less than the Turbo boards.
a3_1_sbl.JPG

sounds like big things could come in small packages (-: ...thanks for the review on this one Dirt dude , next time I get the opertunaty I'll have to give one of those a try. SK

The Bandit BB-3 Imported by Workman are nice little echo boards. It's the 3rd revision of the board. LT2D is one alot of people call connex board its been around for long time does a good job as well.

I do like the TRB-1s through Magnum/RF Limited , I personally do not like to pay double and triple mark ups on them , when I can get them at weigh less then that ,it's all good !! .....availablity for me at those lower prices can be the problem from time to time.(they run out and have to order more) Yes folks have them , but at those sky high prices I mentioned. From what IM gathering from word of mouth via Magnum those TRB-1s are on back order and they said 4 to 6 weeks on them. (Let me guess ? and if that's even the truth ?) like everything else nowadays ,they more then likely are coming out of China like everything else. (I just got a new PC through Dell , guess where it was manufacture ? China as well) .....the TRB-1's are nice sounding boards (touchy until you get used to them) As Dirt dude said ,those LT-2Ns are fairly priced , if it's around 30.00 or so shipped (if that should be the case ?) and they are close to the TRB-1's .....I'd say that was a fair price. I see those Astatic selling and being shipped for right around 20.00 bucks of late ...for 10 to 15 dollars more I would think I guy could do much better then that. I appreciate all the input on this gentlemen. SK

I would sure like to know where they are getting the Astatic boards for $10 each! (If they are selling them that cheap they HAVE TO be getting them cheaper) I buy wholesale and I can't find them that cheap or I would run out an buy a whole lot more of them. The difference in what I pay for the Astatic and the LT-2N is $3.19! For $3.19 I know what I am investing my money on.....it aint an Astatic! I have seen them for like $14 on EBay but they mark up the shipping!

If any of you know where I can get those Astatic echos for about $10, please PM me......I have a big order to place. :)

Dirt ! There all over Ebay for 18.99 free shipping man !! unless I had a couple dozen of them , How much can the dude be making ? I've personally have got them for 15.00 a piece through a friend in the business , but I just wouldn't go through the trouble as far as Ebay is concerned , ads and final sale costs plus a few dollars shipping on those and even Paypal costs , like I said ,how much can the dude be making ? it must be worth it to him....I truly doubt it would be worth it to me for even at 15.00 bucks a piece to try and make a profit !! Item number: 5854414905 ...........and this one is 13.95 + 6 dollars shipping ....Item number: 5854273207

While I beilive in saving my customers a buck, it is nonsense of making $5 per piece profit on something like that. That makes it kind of hard to make ends meet. I constantly see guys selling stuff that I know they are getting from the same place as me for a $5 profit. It is hard enough to run a business and pay the bills without the profiteers running the bottom out of the market. <Sigh> Oh well, I guess we just keep on keeping on! I guess this is what alot of the shops get for selling things at a 200% markup just because they were "connected!"

Well DM , I truly realize man has got to make a living , I really don't mean to jump down the guys throat who gets something for 18 and then sells it for 45.00 !! that's mark up buddy !! IM with you dude , I make a few bucks here and there from this stuff but it really isn't the bread and butter of my life , if I couldn't get a deal here and there I pretty much wouldn't waste my time ,but like you,I certainly wouldn't take it out on somebody else if at all possibly.It's kind of like this ,I can get this and that for a decent price but to do a turn around and make a out standing profit ,it ain't going to happen for me. Every now and then man can get a good deal and a fairly decent turn around on it , it seems like most shops in my area are ballpark when it comes to prices , and luckily they are decent techs as well , it's there living and they got a lot of bills to pay which IM sure you do if this is your bread and butter as well ? For many folks in this hobby ,money is not a problem for them and they will pay what ever it takes to have what they want , I truly doubt folks like that even think about "mark ups" There thousands are like hundreds to you and me but that still don't mean we should take advantage of the situation , I can only hope that business people can be fair ? ....now you know as well as I do, that just doesn't always happen so we can only do the best we can with what we personally have. In the mean time I'll just do the best I can to not let (who's ever door) hit me in the a$$ on the way out. (-: Peace

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.