• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Effingham Radio Repair

43Echo695

Oct 19, 2008
Queensland, Australia
Anyone had any dealings with Effingham Radio Repair, Effingham Illinois?

They have a pretty big presence on ebay, with lots of good feedback, although most of it seems to be about accessories.

Will be tossing a coin over a Uniden 980SSB or Galaxy 979.

How good are their allignments/tunes? They don't appear to stock (and tune)
many of the high output exports. :confused:

Any info will be helpful.

73's

Is that a little south of Chicago?

I did a Google search... I didn't see any hater or lover stories. If he goes by the handle of "The Diesel Doctor" run away.

Hopefully, someone chimes in. I was thinking it might be owned by this guy that owns two shops south of Chicago, but can't recall.

Effingham Radio

It is south of Chicago yes, but about 250 miles.

I've had a mobile radio let me down (not for the first time) so am gonna chuck it in the bin! It's a Magnum 257 clone.

I need a fairly quick turnaround, which I can do on ebay, provided their tunes are legit.

73's

Is that a little south of Chicago?

I did a Google search... I didn't see any hater or lover stories. If he goes by the handle of "The Diesel Doctor" run away.

Hopefully, someone chimes in. I was thinking it might be owned by this guy that owns two shops south of Chicago, but can't recall.

I go through there a couple times a week. It's not the Diesel Doctor and I don't hear a radio shop on the cb advertising.

I bought some connectors & coax from them. I had to send an email to them and the replies were very polite and appreciative.

(y) I will do business with them again..

I live down south of them about 100 miles and used to live up north of them and would go back and forth a couple times a month. I Know there is some one in Effingham Il. That goes by diesel doctor on the radio. I don't know anything about them though. I never had the time to stop by. I heard drivers giving them a hard time on the radio. You can take as you will. I known a few good techs that get a bad rap over the radio. This guy you can heard him for about 30 miles on each side of Effingham. His radio did sound good though Just my 2 cents Have a good day. shadowwalker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated