• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Eight 8950 tubes for sale...

Come on !

After 4 years :whistle:
Yeah, I know it was a long-shot...but ya never know!

I found a good deal on a Maco 750 the guy wanted $100 for, and I'm pretty sure I can get it for closer to $50. But after seeing what tubes it takes, just one tube would cost more than the box! assuming it would need new tubes, this box has either 8 or 9 of those 8950's....Box has been sitting in a closet since the early 80's, and the guy is just trying to find a new home for it...guy said he doesn't know if it still works or now.

6lb6's two wired in series for filaments work great in those old macos.Will have to keep the one 8950 or remove it and then have eight 6lb6's.

I have also used 36KD6 with an outboard filament transformer

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Fluffer I replied to your PM you sent me, have 12 of the 8950 tubes all have been tested.
Guess I could let some of them go as they are just sitting on a shelf in a box.

How many do you need?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.