• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Elecraft is now taking orders for the KPA500

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
4/6/2011 - Elecraft announced today that it is taking orders for the new KPA500, 500 watt auto-band switching amplifier is now shipping. It's available in kit form for $1999.95 or assembled form for $2399.95

KPA500RTv2sm.jpg

Shipping will start on 4/15/2011 for the assembled unit and 5/15/2011 for the kit. You can place your order on Elecraft's website at:
Elecraft Product List

Looks nice, but MAN that's pricey for a kit IMO.. 2 grand for 500W and I've still got to put it together? I'm a huge fan of DIY, and I enjoy it immensely, but usually one of the greatest parts about it is the money saved.. I get that you're saving on the cost of an assembled unit, but 2.5 grand for a fully functional 500W amp is still ridiculously high to me even with the auto band switching.. That's nothing but some relays and a microcontroller anyway.

Of course this is just my opinion.. Could be that the thing will give you head or cook you breakfast for all I know.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated