• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Euro-CB power mic to a Cobra 29 LTD Classic

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
I have this odd ball power mic that says it was made by Euro-CB (on it's tag) , and it's model number is DMC-531 ... I can't find very much about this mic on the internet , and I've done the hit & miss method , which got me no where .

So now I've decided to ask you guys :

Does anybody here know what the wiring code is for wiring a Euro-CB power mic up to a Cobra 29 LTD Classic Night Watch ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks

Last edited:

That's the one that usually comes up when you do a search ... but mine is an older version . It actually looks like an Echo Mic ... but the adjustment at the top is for audio instead of echo ... and it says "Power Control" instead of "Echo Level" . I added a pic of one that "Looks" like mine

Attachments

• ec2018p4newfull.jpg
    ec2018p4newfull.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 28
That's the one that usually comes up when you do a search ... but mine is an older version . It actually looks like an Echo Mic ... but the adjustment at the top is for audio instead of echo ... and it says "Power Control" instead of "Echo Level" . I added a pic of one that "Looks" like mine

Is it a 4-pin as well? What Cobra are you going to use it on? I'd just get a multi-tester and open up the back of the mike, then see if it seems to be wired like a standard mike. Basically, look for the 4 wires from the cable, use an ohm meter or coninuity tester to check for which of the 4 pins goes to that wire, and go online and find the standard 4-pin connector and see if it's the same. If so and you have a 4-pin on your cobra, just plug it in. If you have a blue-tooth, buy the adapter or get a 6-pin adapter and just re-wire it. I know I've seen one other cobra with a 6-pin I think for up/down control on the radio, but most cobra 29's are 4-pin. (for a good reason too!)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated