• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Expanded TX mod for FT-1900R

Here you go:

• remove the 3 screws on the front panel(display)
  • remove the display from the chasis.And take care for the flat cable.
  • Find the 3 jumpers near the CPU.
  • normally 1 and 2 are open and 3 in close.
  • open 3. if 1 anf 2 are close open them.
  • screw back the 3 screws
  • press and hold DW/REV and A/N and MW and switch on the RADIO
  • press D/MR ........and enjoy.

Reactions: 1 person
Hi Moleculo

I could not locate the jumpers please help me. I have attach a image too. is it the one I have mark in the picture?

<a href="http://tinypic.com?ref=2wflqn9"

2wflqn9.jpg

Thanks in advance

Nadika

Hi Moleculo

I could not locate the jumpers please help me. I have attach a image too. is it the one I have mark in the picture?

2wflqn9.jpg

Thanks in advance

Nadika

You are correct

Attachments

• 4455_ft-1900_before_modification.jpg
    4455_ft-1900_before_modification.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,263
Thanks Amin and Moleculo

first time it didnt work but when I clean the jumper again it worked

Thanks
Nadika

how do you open #3

ok, I am looking at buying this radio if I can do this modification however I am not a radio guy. When you say you open 3 do you just take a screwdriver and turn it? I dont see a slot on #3 in the pic's so I am a little unsure of how to "open". Any assistance would be greatly appreciated then I will feel more comfortable in purchasing this model to use it for 5 specific channels that I use on my fm hand held radios

No 1 2 and 3 are solder pads as you see 1-2 are not joined or connected they are sepearate 3 is solered closed . You half to make a gap in the center to seprate as 1-2 are som people use an exacto knife for final cleaning t make the solder gap and get rid of the solder bridge (conection) between the 2 halves.

yeah, you have to use a soldering iron to melt the solder on pad 3. The pad is divided into 2 halves as you can see from the other two pads in the pics, so once you melt the solder you should see that. In my experience with my ft-2900r (same process) just melting the solder is usually enough to get it to stop bridging between the 2 halves. Worst case is that you'll have to get some desoldering braid (cheaply obtained from radio shack) and use it to remove some of the solder on the pad which will remove the bridge.

I made ​​the expansion of the TX of the radio, it does not work as before ARS spacing that is used on bridges, does anyone know how to restore it?

:)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?