• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Field Day 2011

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
What are your plans for Field Day 2011? Are you going to operate on your own, with a club, or ?? It's coming up soon...

I will be participating with my local club. Reelfoot Amatuer Radio Club. This will be my second Field Day. I really enjoyed last year even though it was hotter than hades and had bad thunder storms at the start of field day. But all the OT's said that was part of the fun of it.

73 kj4unx

I will be participating with my local club. Reelfoot Amatuer Radio Club. This will be my second Field Day. I really enjoyed last year even though it was hotter than hades and had bad thunder storms at the start of field day. But all the OT's said that was part of the fun of it.

73 kj4unx

That's because they were all taking side bets on who was going to be on the air when lightning struck the antennas. :laugh:

For you guys that are participating with clubs, what type of setups are you going to have. Take some pics and post 'em, too :)

Of course, I'm interested in hearing about personal station field day setups, as well.

KD8JUF checking in, I will be going to field day with my club ( Lake County Amature Radio Assoc.) in Painesville, Ohio which is 30 mi. East of Cleveland Ohio. Our club call is N8BC and we are a 5a station. We will be running 40 CW, 40 Phone, 20 phone and a few more bands. We have about 40 members comming out. I will send pics. Good hunting to you all & have fun

Mike - KD8JUF
LCARA Board Member &
Safety Officer/Instructor -2011 Great Lakes Emergency Communications Conference

GOTO Ohio ARES® District 10 for more info on GLECC 2011

My situation same as last year. No local clubs within reasonable distance and we're in a heatwave again so will either go out in the truck for a few hours to a hilltop and work 1C on 10 meters or stay at home in the a/c and work 1D on 10M.
interview.gif

new ft450d and a new rci2980wx

Being i just got out of hospital last Saturday,i will be on 10mtrs ssb,and 6mtrs all modes,am/fm/ssb/?...and later at night might go low bands,im not up to being on very long at a time.1/2 on hour off...73s de n0zna/JW 1D Field Day 2011 em48sd 73s

Stayed home 1D 10M was great Saturday and opened again as expected mid morning e.s.t. Several dozen contacts from Dixie in arc from S.TX up through midwest and into Ontario. Lot's of fun. A real ham sandwich.

We wound up with a wedding in an adjacent pavilion on Saturday afternoon. To be courteous we suspended our operation for the duration, probably 20m or so.

FD-2011-01.jpg

FD-2011-02.jpg

FD-2011-03.jpg

On Saturday evening we setup for 6m with a loop duct-taped to a volleyball pole! The guys made 45 Qs on that setup before the band closed.

FD-2011-04.jpg

FD-2011-05.jpg

The weather was mild with T-storms early Saturday morning and rather cool all day. Early Sunday morning was getting near chilly. We ate well and enjoyed ourselves to the tune of almost 350 totals Qs. Not bad for a small group that only has one op that does any amount of contest operating (me).

No, I did not take the K3 out of the shack. I took the FT-890 which has some sort of issue with the FD setup. Not just mine but another member's '890 exhibits the same behavior. Last year we pressed an FT-897 in service with no issues and this year my FT-100--originally used on 6m--was put in service on HF with no issues and the guys had a much easier time making Qs.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.