• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Finally got that General! Now I need a hf rig!

What about the new yaseu ft991/A. Might be another one to look at as well. Supposed to be a good radio and has it all. HF/50mhz/VHF/UHF. I like the Icom 7300 as well, but this could be another option.
Good suggestion here.

It's a new year 222DBFL and I'm (we are )not letting you off the hook to go get your license! :whistle:

Reactions: Bearcat and 222DBFL
If you are a buyer instead of a builder, put the most money you can into the antenna and get a radio you can live with...
if you like to build things....(most of us no longer actually build radios) then get the best rig you can afford and build your antenna...the real trick to this hobby, like any other, is to do what YOU enjoy...

there is an ICOM 7410 on qrz just posted today $850 , great radio!! I think I paid around $1600 new for mine a few years ago

the icom 7300 is a great radio with a pretty, fancy touch display,, but there have been several people that went back to there 7410 after using the 7300 for a while,, you do see quite a few 7300's up for sale after a few months.

Reactions: Bearcat
No sir. It's coming up fourstringburn!! February I hope to take the test at the Hamfest in Orlando, FL. A few weeks away. Not far off!! I am studying and will hopefully be able to get my Tech then General at the same time!! No doubt I am ready for the change. And I know you guys won't let me by if I don't LOL! Thanks for the support guys!!
And congrats to you as well Bearcat!! Job well done man. Now comes the fun part. Getting a new radio and antennas!! Have fun and enjoy your new privileges!!
73 and God Bless

No sir. It's coming up fourstringburn!! February I hope to take the test at the Hamfest in Orlando, FL. A few weeks away. Not far off!! I am studying and will hopefully be able to get my Tech then General at the same time!! No doubt I am ready for the change. And I know you guys won't let me by if I don't LOL! Thanks for the support guys!!
And congrats to you as well Bearcat!! Job well done man. Now comes the fun part. Getting a new radio and antennas!! Have fun and enjoy your new privileges!!
73 and God Bless
Glad to hear it! We know you can do it you just have to… Git er done!

Reactions: 222DBFL
just take your time. shop around for the best prices. dont rush into buying the 1st thing you see. i made that mistake. with the 718.

73 and God Bless
Get her done 222!!

Reactions: 222DBFL
nothing wrong with the radio. it just don't have fm on it.
if you don't use fm its a great radio.

I didn't realize the 718 has no FM and no CTCSS. I occasionally jump on 10 meter FM when the band is open. There is no 6 or 60 meters either.

The 718 also has no TCXO which is an optional purchase and install and good to have for frequency stability.

All that and more is standard on the FT450D which makes it a better buy for around $100 more.

Bearcat,

The Alinco typically doesn't receive very favorable reviews in these forums.

I am currently considering the Yaesu FT-891. It is priced the same as the FT-450D. It is smaller than the 450D and the display isn't as large but it has a lot going for it.

Here is a good review of it showing its many features:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.