• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Finally got that General! Now I need a hf rig!

Bearcat,

The Alinco typically doesn't receive very favorable reviews in these forums.

I am currently considering the Yaesu FT-891. It is priced the same as the FT-450D. It is smaller than the 450D and the display isn't as large but it has a lot going for it.

Here is a good review of it showing its many features:

Ya I've been looking at the 881 it misses 6m but a sweet rig!

I agree that the Icom 7300 would be a very nice HF rig.
If it was me and the 7300 was to many dollars I would shop around for a used Kenwood TS590SG. I've seen them listed fairly often for under a $1000.

Then next down from there I would go with fourstringburn's suggestion of a FT450D.

I missed one at our local swap, a silent key, his wife sold a 590 for 450 dollars, a TS-480 for 250 and a Kenwood R-5000 with all options for 200 bucks!

73 Rod KB8DNS

Reactions: 222DBFL
Someone left Happy as a pig in mud that day hey Mechanic! 2 nice radios for $700. Hard to beat that!! But those kinds of deals are out there. Just have to keep your eyes peeled and ears to the ground. Darn good find for someone that was!!

Reactions: Bearcat
I missed one at our local swap, a silent key, his wife sold a 590 for 450 dollars, a TS-480 for 250 and a Kenwood R-5000 with all options for 200 bucks!

73 Rod KB8DNS

Wow - that would have me looking for the closest ATM machine to get cash!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.