1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FINE TUNE CB SHOP FOR REAL?

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Sonar, Jun 8, 2017.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop
    Expand Collapse

Let's just say that he burned a bridge with Mark and Mark refuse to do any more work for him so now he's out to give Mark a bad name by deliberately sabotaging all the radios that Mark did for him before selling them to other people in this area and he has an agenda. He doesn't like being told which microphone to plug into His Radio and he doesn't like being told how to use his equipment and he doesn't have a clue how to put different components together and make them function properly but he likes doing things his way and he hates being told how to do things regardless of how awful his station sounds. He got rid of all those radios he had because he didn't want to give Mark the credit for how they sounded and he wanted to take all the credit for himself.

2. HARDROCK

HARDROCK
    Expand Collapse

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop
    Expand Collapse

This should piss some people off..
    :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

4. HARDROCK

HARDROCK
    Expand Collapse

Can now read a free text book on line.

https://www.circuitlab.com/textbook/

It's currently under development but the first few chapters are complete
    and looks like a pretty good reference.

5. SmackDown

SmackDown
    Expand Collapse

I have a question about "fine tunes" honesty. I heard him say on his channel that the Anytone at6666 straight from China needs to be aligned and tuned because out the box they have problems. But on other videos it's said that the Anytone at6666 out the box is one of the best "new" radios being produced with no alignment problems in tx or rx.

6. SmackDown

SmackDown
    Expand Collapse

I like MikesRadioRepair and also Mr. Carlson's videos. You get an education and they not only accept and invite comments they seem to answer direct questions.

7. Limeybastard

Limeybastard
    Expand Collapse

So the question goes begging. Is the Anytone 6666 a turd out of the box or not?

8. undertaker

undertaker
    Expand Collapse
    Undertaker

I have no problems with mine

SmackDown likes this.
  9. Limeybastard

Limeybastard
    Expand Collapse

With what?

10. undertaker

undertaker
    Expand Collapse
    Undertaker

You asked if it was a turd out of the box I say no!!!

11. undertaker

undertaker
    Expand Collapse
    Undertaker

This hard drive guy is nothing but a self centerd prick!!!!!!

dave457 and fourstringburn like this.
  12. Onelasttime

Onelasttime
    Expand Collapse

I have only ever known one technician that I would say does as fine tuned and fine tuned! He happened to be the NCOIC of the US Air Forces electronics school back when they actual trouble shot and repaired things not just card swappers sending thing out to DEPO level for real repair. Also had either a Master's or higher in Electronic Circuit Design the Air Force was due to Draft during Vietnam not his choice. Imagine what Mark does today but during the 1980's and 1990's. I have not seen anyone do anything like his work prior to Mark at fine tune. Obviously I know their are other's out their just as good but if you do not know them personally hard to know if they are just bowing smoke until you pull the trigger and send them something. I have not had anything that needed anything other than general recapping.

The real problem is all the people that are hacks or butcher's who wants to risk that???

13. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas
    Expand Collapse

I can't understand why someone so qualified works on cb radios for truck drivers. There has to be better money out there for such a person...insurance, 401k, dental. This is the #1 reason I have little faith in guys that run these types of shops.

Back when CB radio was at its peak and there was no internet for "techs" to turn to when they ran into a problem I can see a smart man making a living. Not in 2017 when everyone with a watt meter is an amp builder/radio tech.

LeapFrog, KD2GOE, tecnicoloco and 2 others like this.
  14. Sonar

Sonar
    Expand Collapse

Needing to know someone personally in order to know if they can be trusted to repair a CB, HF (transceivers,) amplifiers ect ect ect wouldn't help the tech himself. After all, how many Tech's actually know other's on a personal level who are into the hobby? 2, 3, 8? Not enough to sustain a business. That's for sure! YouTube is a good tool. You can get to know if somebody is on the level. They either know what their doing or not.
    It's very easy to weed out the golden screwdrivers from a true tech. Or the delusional technician from the grounded one. I don't need to know a technician on a personal level. I just want him to fix my stuff the way it should be fixed and get what I paid for. Watching enough YouTube videos and paying attention to what I read right here in this form (wwdx) is enough to set anyone on the right path to choosing a qualified technician, and not a golden screwdriver, or one floating around the outer atmosphere somewhere (mentally). 73

#194 Sonar, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  15. Limeybastard

Limeybastard
    Expand Collapse

I get the impression that there is an awful lot of charlatons masgerading as "pros" on youtube to druming for business. Sometimes its just best to go with old skool folk who have been around for eons, thats just my take as a dumb noobie.

rabbiporkchop likes this.