• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FINE TUNE CB SHOP FOR REAL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The transmitter/mic combo either sounds horrible of the receiving/recording equipment is screwing things up. The stock 29 with stock mic would probably sound better.

That microphone was never placed in a microwave for any length of time was it?
After listening again, I agree it sounded awful. It would seem my recording skills are lacking. This was the best I could do with such a crude recording setup. Lowering the volume control on the Cobra 29 made a huge difference.

Only the most courteous ham op's hang there,
Try it on a Friday night : )

HAHA. It's interesting enough on a Sunday morning. It looks like someone has recorded some other guys they harass and is replaying it on 3840. The natives are taking the bait. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: NZ8N
Just another blow hard "tech" on youtube... dime a dozen.. yawn......
Since you're not one of those blowhard technicians perhaps you could show us your bench. I never met a blowhard with a certificate of calibration that was currently up to date on his service monitor. You're absolutely correct there are plenty of blowhards on YouTube that are unwilling to show us their bench in any detail let alone any certificates of calibration which have probably been long expired.
If you're not interested in showing us the bench I can totally understand why.

Last edited:
163 is the technician we are discussing in this thread and he is also the technician that has done all my work for the past 12 years. People have said that I sound like him on the radio and I've been accused of being him but I can assure you I'm just a truck driver that appreciates quality audio and I'm not the same guy.
there is no audio processing in that recording that's purely all analog audio with microphone plugged directly into the radio.[/QUOTDone all my radio work too the 7 years.

All I'm saying, until futhfur proof (not just what is typed out), I TRULY believe "rabbiporkchop" is infact "fine tune" aka "Mark Sherman".

That's just MY observations.

Don't worry "rabbiporkchop", I was accused of being Mike Houston when in fact I'm just an lonely ambulance driver with a hacked up Cobra 25.

(Nudge nudge, wink wink)

And I can prove that's I'm an ambulance driver......permitted by the city of Houston!!!!!

I know rabbiporkchop in not Mark sherman. I have TALKED to rabbiporkchop about 8 years ago when he spent a overnight in a Wal-Mart parking lot in Chili N.Y. I do remember he was talking up fine tune back then. Definitely only a salesman not Mark.

Last edited:
Reactions: NZ8N
I know rabbiporkchop in not Mark sherman. I ave TALKED to rabbiporkchop about 8 years ago when he spent a overnight in a Wal-Mart parking lot in Chili N.Y. I do remember he was talking up fine tune back then. Definitely only a salesman not Mark.
I wouldn't exactly call myself a salesman. I just enjoy using my radio and showing folks how things could work if they chose to make them work.

I was being sarcastic. I know rabbiporkchop from a trucking fourm, he's a good guy.

Noted the nudge nudge wink wink?

I would get a 10m radio from sherman but he's hard to get ahold of and his time frame isn't worth it for me.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.