• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FINE TUNE CB SHOP FOR REAL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
163 and Motormouth Maul sound very similar on the air. I have a hard time telling them apart sometimes. In that recording he was walking all over Motormouth Maul. So this is just his bad ass fine tuned stock radio with no amplifier with fedlity up there with Motormouth Maul? Has anyone been in his shop and seen what he is talking on? He doesn't show his full setup in his videos from what I have been able to find.

Reactions: Cabover Bob
That's precisely what Russell was thinking when he asked me if I was trying to hear "frogs farting on the planet Pluto".

It works for me and I'm perfectly happy with it. Unless all the connections are perfect no one would ever notice.

and this folks is as close as we are ever going to get to an admission that none of the things RPC posts mean jack crap in the real world.

Every single one of his posts telling all of us how Mark Sherman can get a radio to hear further than any other tech is grade A BS.

Here's the REAL TRUTH!!!
Mark Sherman is a person that knows about radios.

Mark Sherman knows full well that he is selling snake oil by misleading his customers as to how much the sensitivity level of a radio matters once an antenna is connected.

Mark Sherman tries to get business for himself by claiming that his shop is the only one that can produce a given level of sensitivity in a radio's receiver.

Mark Sherman may be a good tech, but he is also a dishonest one who uses the same old tactics that CB shops have been using for decades by using his customers' ignorance to line his pockets.

oh and RPC, that was a very weak troll attempt with the "unless all the connections are perfect" line.
Even you know that was a dumb thing to say.
LC

Last edited:
163 and Motormouth Maul sound very similar on the air. I have a hard time telling them apart sometimes. In that recording he was walking all over Motormouth Maul. So this is just his bad ass fine tuned stock radio with no amplifier with fedlity up there with Motormouth Maul? Has anyone been in his shop and seen what he is talking on? He doesn't show his full setup in his videos from what I have been able to find.
Don't fool yourself, his radio is super-ultra clean but he had a little help making that contact..
Anyone that says otherwise is a liar, hundreds reach out to MMM when he is on the air, very few get a response. Trust me I've tried, it takes more than my Antron 99 and a clean radio to make that contact. Location, location, location is why he walked on MMM.

*flips mystery switch* HELLO MMM....... dang it that didn't work !
*okay* I'm gonna need to sell the farm, and buy a 4cw100000e. Then, one day I might make that contact. :whistle: Or maybe one day it will be just me and him on the same channel, no others talking, and a lot of conditions being met, then I could see a barefoot radio doing it. Not otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: king david
good for what?!

please tell me of one location on this earth with a natural noise level of below .0399uV,
because this is going to be the ONLY place in the world where this would matter.

I don't care if he can somehow get a receiver's sensitivity to .000001uV. It's still USELESS once you connect an antenna to the radio.

when are you going to understand this?
LC

Remember that super sensitivity only works if you use a copper antenna. Aluminum antennas develop sapphire crystals that react and generate noise in your receiver. That's what RPC said way back.

Lol.... boy did you say a mouthful. The truth will set you free.
Fact is like 543 told me a while back when i was riding W8ji's
coat tail. RPC just give it up ..... we both have been acussed

of cheerleading . and are both Guilty !!!

Remember that super sensitivity only works if you use a copper antenna. Aluminum antennas develop sapphire crystals that react and generate noise in your receiver. That's what RPC said way back.
There you go again misrepresenting the source of information.
that's a direct quote from AB7IF himself. It's not like I pulled those words out of my rectum.

Lol.... boy did you say a mouthful. The truth will set you free.
Fact is like 543 told me a while back when i was riding W8ji's
coat tail. RPC just give it up ..... we both have been acussed
of cheerleading . and are both Guilty !!!
I'll be the first one to cheerlead for someone else as soon as they can give me the type of work I want but no one has been able to.

Reactions: LeapFrog
He was talking on a customer's Stryker 955. That's all I know about that particular situation

The hissing sound of the letter "s" occurs at 5000hz.

The proper term for that is called "Sibilance" . You should have learned that from Mark because he knows it all.

In the Pro audio world, it is regarded as a bad sound engineer who can't EQ or use other de-essing techniques properly.

In the radio world, that's the last thing I want to hear is any sibilance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.