• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

First gen stryker 497 audio issues. Please help lol

Alex Faught

Mar 15, 2016
Martinsville, Indiana
This isn't a modification thread, more so a troubleshoot thread. I have a first generation 497 (the one that is loosely based on the ept3600 series chassis with the 2290). It shows perfect modulation on the scope with 110 watts pep according to the lp100a. The issue is that it has no receive, talkback or PA audio. The meter doesn't move when trying to test the receiver at 1uV or 100uV either. It wouldn't be the audio chip being as it modulates? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -Alex

Check the collector (center leg) of TR36 for about 9 Volts DC in receive mode. Should drop to zero when transmitting. This line powers most of the receiver, so it it's not present, the transmit/receive switching function is the fault.

If that checks okay, check the center leg of TR38 for zero volts on receive, and about 9 Volts DC in transmit mode. If this one doesn't completely turn off when you unkey, it can disrupt the receiver.

Reactions: BBB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated