• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Flamethrower Galaxy 959

RPC, real world comparisons are completely subjective, and do not lend any credence to any claims of specs.

The noise floor that your tech allegedly achieved was into a dummy load, or with no antenna connected, as that's how alignments are done.
once you hook your radio up to an antenna, you are at the mercy of mother nature and her mood towards RF on any given minute.
who the heck knows what your noise floor was on either of those days, and really, who cares. All you are doing is telling people what you experienced, while using numbers that your tech gave you from when he performed the alignment. those two things are not connected anymore once you connect your antenna.
atmospheric conditions, ignition noise, other vehicles' alternators, the position of the sun, amount of dust in the air, and about a hundred other factors will affect what you can and can't receive on any given day.

your reports about what you achieved as far as distance, are just that, your reports.
and as such, do not mean much of anything to another user.

I doubt your tech would have made the same phone call you did, and you just came off like a jerk. it didn't sound like you were teaching, or informing the person of anything, it just sounded like you were giving them a hard time while they were at work.

If your tech would like to come here, and tell us what he does to achieve his results, then we can have a technical discussion on the merits and results of his techniques.
other than that, this is just another, "check out my new radio from my new favorite tech" thread.
LC
I agree it means nothing in this forum. It means everything to the people who were bewildered why they were unable to hear the same station I was speaking to while I was parked underneath their antennae that was four times the size of mine 5 times higher in the air with more sophisticated equipment than I was using.

I agree it means nothing in this forum. It means everything to the people who were bewildered why they were unable to hear the same station I was speaking to while I was parked underneath their antennae that was four times the size of mine 5 times higher in the air with more sophisticated equipment than I was using.

Have you stopped to consider all the other factors at play that could account for this?
I don't refute your claim that you were sitting in your mobile, parked under a base station antenna, talking with someone that the base station could not hear.

My point is that you assume that it's because of this lowered noise floor that you were able to do this.
how do you know?
is this your opinion, or is it based upon measurable scientific data?

It never ceases to amaze me when people come on to a forum, and relate a radio experience they had, and then proceed to give everyone a lesson in RF engineering and antenna theory based upon their opinion.
you seem so sure that it was the lowered noise floor that accounted for your experience, but you have no way of knowing this.

there are so many other possibilities that would account for what you experienced, but you don't want to hear about those, you just want everyone out here to know that all the credit for this experience belongs to your tech and whatever he did to your radio.

Take a second and absorb what i'm saying. if you are going to come on to a radio forum, and claim that you experienced something, and then claim that you know exactly why you experienced it, then expect to have to prove it to those of us that know better.

please, get the info from your tech, and post his mod up here for us to scrutinize.
If it is all he says it is, then he can expect a lot more business.

If his argument is that it's a big secret and that he will lose a bunch of money by letting the cat out of the bag, then please remind him that this is not the 70's, the 80's, or the 90's.
His share of the CB business in this country is safe if he knows what he's doing and doesn't shiest people.
LC

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Have you stopped to consider all the other factors at play that could account for this?
I don't refute your claim that you were sitting in your mobile, parked under a base station antenna, talking with someone that the base station could not hear.

My point is that you assume that it's because of this lowered noise floor that you were able to do this.
how do you know?
is this your opinion, or is it based upon measurable scientific data?

It never ceases to amaze me when people come on to a forum, and relate a radio experience they had, and then proceed to give everyone a lesson in RF engineering and antenna theory based upon their opinion.
you seem so sure that it was the lowered noise floor that accounted for your experience, but you have no way of knowing this.

there are so many other possibilities that would account for what you experienced, but you don't want to hear about those, you just want everyone out here to know that all the credit for this experience belongs to your tech and whatever he did to your radio.

Take a second and absorb what i'm saying. if you are going to come on to a radio forum, and claim that you experienced something, and then claim that you know exactly why you experienced it, then expect to have to prove it to those of us that know better.

please, get the info from your tech, and post his mod up here for us to scrutinize.
If it is all he says it is, then he can expect a lot more business.

If his argument is that it's a big secret and that he will lose a bunch of money by letting the cat out of the bag, then please remind him that this is not the 70's, the 80's, or the 90's.
His share of the CB business in this country is safe if he knows what he's doing and doesn't shiest people.
LC
the closest I can come to measurable scientific data is back in 2004 when I purchased a huge number of galaxy 99v export radios and took them to many technicians around the country and I compared them side by side to each other on the same antenna on the same truck with someone listening in the distance and someone speaking in the distance. Out of all those different radios which were identical per the manufacturer but different because each one was tuned by a different technician the one that talk and heard the furthest was the one that was tuned by the technician that I currently use.

ok we get it, your radios talk farther than anyone elses radios in the whole world.. mine works fine for me and im ok with that.
I would never go that far to say such a thing. No matter how good of a technician we think we have there's always somebody better someplace. There's always going to be some guy sitting on top of a mountain with an eight element beam running fifty thousand watts of carrier on channel 6 and I wouldn't stand a chance of talking nearly as far as that person out of my mobile with my meager station but I'm hard pressed to find someone who has identical equipment who can hear and talk as far as myself.

Last edited:
ok we get it, your radios talk farther than anyone elses radios in the whole world.. mine works fine for me and im ok with that.
I would never make a claim such as that. There's always going to be someone with more altitude than me and there's always going to be someone with a big giant beam antenna and there's always going to be someone running 50000 Watts on channel 6 and I don't think I would be able to talk as far as those individuals. I would be hard pressed to find someone who has identical equipment mounted in a similar vehicle who was capable of talking as far or hearing as far as my station unless that person happened to use the same technician in which case the results would probably be fairly comparable.

all the good techs from the early days have much faded out, still a handfull around but that's it....When I see a 959 for $450, I think how in the world did this hobby get so outa control

On Ebay there are a few 959 that are tweaked with lame extras for $400 to $450 S M H

For $450 I could get a used Uniden Grant XL peaked tuned tri mag mount dual coil 17" shaft 10k and a used 2 maybe 3 pill amp

OR a used ham rig that will CERTAINLY have a lower noise floor than any flame thrower,

LooseCannon.
Agree 100% with all you said.
I’ve been in conversations with you before on YouTube live with Mark and Mike from MIKESRADIOREPAIRS is a friend and excellent tech.
That was my BK 2040 he did a video on in 2018. I was at his place the same day and again the next.
I’ve got a Flamethrower I bought new and sent back here with the nearly 1,000 CB Radios I bought in Oregon in June. I can’t see much at all on the test bench in performance difference between a standard 959 and the Flamethrower. Certainly not enough to warrant what they charge for one.
The security sticker is very nice though!!!! LOL

LooseCannon.
Agree 100% with all you said.
I’ve been in conversations with you before on YouTube live with Mark and Mike from MIKESRADIOREPAIRS is a friend and excellent tech.
That was my BK 2040 he did a video on in 2018. I was at his place the same day and again the next.
I’ve got a Flamethrower I bought new and sent back here with the nearly 1,000 CB Radios I bought in Oregon in June. I can’t see much at all on the test bench in performance difference between a standard 959 and the Flamethrower. Certainly not enough to warrant what they charge for one.
The security sticker is very nice though!!!! LOL

And I will agree with you. Had a guy that bought one of those things, I was kinda curious to get inside it and see what had actually been done. Turns out, nothing. I agree to getting paid for what you do and even more so of getting paid for what you know. But I think those things are bogus and just ripping people off, there’s nothing special about one except the faceplate saying it’ll throw flames out of it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated