• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Footwarmer Amp

Rudes

Dec 20, 2008
Hey Fellas,
Does anyone have any info on this amp. I do not have any paperwork on it. It uses what looks like two 30KD6 tubes and they both light. The relays do not however energize when an rf signal is present. The relays are good. I checked all the diodes, transistors and caps and they seem ok. I replaced 2 burned 10 ohm resistors that still read OK. There are 2 trimpots on the board. Could one of these be bad? Thanks...

Attachments

• Footwarmer.jpg
    Footwarmer.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 747
  • FootWarmer1.jpg
    FootWarmer1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 622

OMG !! OMG !! Please be careful when working on or even using this amp. It is a transformer-less design so there is NO isolation between the AC and the DC sides. If ANY part inside fails by shorting or grounding then there will be full AC present on the outer case of box.

electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif

OMG !! OMG !! Please be careful when working on or even using this amp. It is a transformer-less design so there is NO isolation between the AC and the DC sides. If ANY part inside fails by shorting or grounding then there will be full AC present on the outer case of box.

electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif
electricf.gif
i have heard that too ..i use to have a 3 tuber transformerless and techs dont even like working on them.

sounds like a bad keying transistor somewhere

Thanks you for your concern. The amp is fused and has a 3 prong power cord. Just want to get it working!

Thanks you for your concern. The amp is fused and has a 3 prong power cord. Just want to get it working!

I believe that is the model with the Printed Circuit Board mounted to the rear "firewall", look for brunt traces on the PCB, measure voltage on both sides of the relay, and if possible, take a long broomstick and activate the relay and put RF in it; report back on your findings.

DIODE

I found a small round gray diode that was bad but can't find any matching replacement. The numbers on the diode are: 256GI401. Any ideas?

Rudes- Sorry to bring this thread back but I have this same amp. I know nothing about it other than it has the wrong meter. It does about 110 and swings to 150. Not sure if that's good for this or it can do better. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Rudes- Sorry to bring this thread back but I have this same amp. I know nothing about it other than it has the wrong meter. It does about 110 and swings to 150. Not sure if that's good for this or it can do better. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Rudes was last seen:
Sep 7, 2013

We used to call that one "The Widowmaker".

No power transformer. No isolation from the power cord if something breaks down.

Providing "isolation", or a way to separate the wall-outlet circuit from the circuitry inside the cabinet is a basic safety requirement for anything that has a metal cabinet, or connects to an antenna. And this one lacks that "feature".

At the very least, one of these should have two fuses in the power cord. One on each wire, both hot and neutral.

Still won't make it safe to use. Would reduce its potential to burn down your house, though.

Hey Fellas,
Does anyone have any info on this amp. I do not have any paperwork on it. It uses what looks like two 30KD6 tubes and they both light. The relays do not however energize when an rf signal is present. The relays are good. I checked all the diodes, transistors and caps and they seem ok. I replaced 2 burned 10 ohm resistors that still read OK. There are 2 trimpots on the board. Could one of these be bad? Thanks...
Might be a bad relay or operation switch as well. Check any of those?

I'm looking for schematics for mine as well. Someone posted earlier wondering if they had the right tubes in theirs. Mine has 30KD6 in mine. I have no schematics or manual for this device and I am wanting to bring it back to factory specs. Any help would be appreciated.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated