• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

frequencies frequently frequenting frequency mixes , and a panda ...

How many of you like Pandas ?

• Get to the point , I thought this was about CB modifications

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Pandas are cool , but what does this have to do with CB modifications

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Pandas suck , death to all Pandas and your lame modifications

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • "Eats , shoots and leaves " Fool ! I am a Panda !

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

kopcicle

Feb 17, 2016
A panda walks into a restaurant, sits down and orders a sandwich. After he finishes eating the sandwich, the panda pulls out a gun and shoots the waiter, and then stands up to go. "Hey!" shouts the manager. "Where are you going? You just shot my waiter and you didn't pay for your sandwich!"

The panda yells back at the manager, "Hey man, I am a PANDA! Look it up!"

The manager opens his dictionary and sees the following definition for panda: "A tree-dwelling marsupial of Asian origin, characterized by distinct black and white coloring. Eats shoots and leaves."

Included is a totally unrelated selection of linkage devoted to construction and experimentation with Off Center Fed Dipoles , OCFD . Not to be confused with OCD , ADD , ADHD , Asperger syndrome or , look, squirrel !!

http://www.wb5cxc.com/design_eh.html

http://hamwaves.com/cl-ocfd/en/index.html

https://www.w8ji.com/windom_off_center_fed.htm

http://www.kn9b.us/guanella-balun

The facts . Only the facts ...The uPD858 has a 7.8mhz IF and and Offset Oscillator frequency of 33.855 (result of a tippler from 11.285) with a VCO frequency of 34.765mhz and a PLL "N" code of .91 for channel 1 (11m) .

With an IF of 7.8mhz and change the Offset Oscillator of 10.4mhz the resulting output frequency with an "N" code of 100 is 3.6mhz .This results in a VCO Frequency of 11.4mhz

The MB8719 with pin "10" low (142GTL COBRA et all) also has an IF of 7.8mhz and an Offset Oscillator frequency of 33.335mhz and a PLL "N" code of 1.43 for channel 1

With an IF of 7.8mhz and change the Offset Oscillator of 9.97 the resulting output frequency with the original "N" code of 143 is 3.6mhz . this also results in a VCO Frequency of 11.4mhz

The MB8719 with pin "10" high (148GTL COBRA et all) also has an IF of 7.8mhz and an Offset Oscillator frequency of 33.975mhz and a PLL "N" code of .79mhz for channel 1

With an IF of 7.8mhz and change the Offset Oscillator of 10.61 the resulting output frequency with the original "N" code of .79 is 3.6mhz . this also results in a VCO Frequency of 11.4mhz

Then the Panda ...
The PLL02A SSB . Has an IF Oscillator Frequency of 10.695 and a VCO Frequency of 17.555mhz . With an Offset Oscillator Frequency from the doubler of 20.105mhz (10.0525mhz) and counting down to go up from "2.55" "N" code results in channel 1 .

The PLL02A with an IF of 10.695mhz and an Offset Oscillator frequency of 8.4225mhz and a PLL "N" code of 255 for channel 1 results in 3.6mhz. The VCO output is now 5.8725.

eats , shoots ...

Just the crystals for these conversions would hurt a wallet . All but the PLL02A need three crystals . The PLL02A needs two .There is an alternative . The LTC1799 VCO . I've included an attachment .With nothing but a resistor to adjust for frequency and all these modifications having a doubler or tippler already in place to be re-purposed for for a buffer/amplifier what could go wrong ? The Ltc1799 can be had for as little as $10 on a board with a bypass cap and multi turn potentiometer . Check ICM (note ICM has just announced it it closing its doors after near 70 years ) crystal prices lately ? Of course the tippler transformer and the VCO transformer would have to be re-tuned as well as the plethora of 3.5mhz transformers to make the RX and TX chains work . After that getting the RF through a 3 watt driver and 12 watt final would be trivial .

Look , I haven't contributed a lot to discussion here . I have been doing this for ever . My mind sometimes wanders . I have been known to modify a radio or six in the last 30 years . If I haven't contributed anything worth while this time at least I got a laugh .

...and leaves .

Attachments

• 1799fd.pdf
    232.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

If you have no imagination , no interest in a cheap 80m mobile , and less than no interest in Pandas than it's possible you wasted more time reading my response .

Reactions: Tallman
PLEASE don't encourage people to put cybernet ssb shitters on 80mtrs,
its bad enough that a few are still on 27mhz, HAM jumbo's on 80 :eek:.

when you are done finding transformers & companion components that fit the 27mhz board cutting traces and tacking components on i think it would be easier for layout/making available parts fit together to make your own board or sub board and stick it in a cb chassis.

The way I heard it, the panda walked into a whorehouse, did his business, and left w/o paying. The punchline is "panda: eats bushes and leaves"........

But what do I know......

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Familiar with the Jumbo but haven't had my hands in one . I do have a Cybernet 02A near completion . Changing the tripler and VCO out was easy enough . I'm waiting on the 3.5mhz transformers . The Uniden will have to wait . I have yet to see the output from the entire chain but even though the stock tripler output looks like a sawtooth and barely sinusoidal out of the mixer , somehow the TX looked good at 27mhz . As expected the LTC1799 in place of a crystal is an adventure . I'm going to try a passive R/C filter out of the oscillator first then the oscillator/buffer to clean up the mix.

enough . I'm boring you .

~kop

Thank goodness I only read the first line and gave up.

attachment.php

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated