• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Frequency counter for cb radio?

805 california

Jun 29, 2016
San luis obispo, ca
So I have a fluke 1910 frequency counter. I think it's a 1910..... anyway the way I have been checking frequency it to connect one alligator clip to ground and the other to the pin on the so-239 connector. So my question is how many watts can a fluke frequency counter handle? Like a scope you need a rf sampler to connect a radio to a scope. So can a fluke frequency counter handle 4 watts? Thanks I'm real green with radio gadgets.

I have one like this,, basically you take a uhf T-adapter and remove the center pin and screw a barrel adapter into it,, then one end of the T can go to your radio with a short jumper coax and a dummy load can screw into the other end of the T ,, and a coax can connect the barrel connector end to your frequency counter::

http://urgentcomm.com/techspeak/radio_every_toolbox_needs
Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I have the radio going to a meter then dummy load. Then I hook hook frequency counter to pin on so239 inside radio. Is that no good?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I have the radio going to a meter then dummy load. Then I hook hook frequency counter to pin on so239 inside radio. Is that no good?

no don't do that,, you cant put full power output from the radio into the frequency counter,,, there are other test points in the radio that you can connect directly to your frequency counter if you have the correct probes for your counter while doing an actual radio alignment but if your trying to measure the final frequency at the antenna you need some sort of sampler(buffer so the full power isn't going into the counter)

Nice and simple electro-mechanical RF sampler ^^^

Very similar design to the Unidapt RF samplers I use. Sensitivity adjustments are obtained by moving the BNC connector with a lock ring in or out (y) I don't think I'd run any large power thru it as there could be a potential for RF to jump the air "gap"
RFA-4059-A_zoom.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated