• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

frequency tester

space cowboy

Quack Quack
Oct 16, 2012
Michigan
what is the minimum I could get away with, working on CBs?
will this work? it would be great if 14$ is all I need to spend.
www.ebay.com/itm/1-MHz-1-1-GHz-Frequency-Counter-Tester-Measurement-For-Ham-Radio-/251630346653?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9656619d
Use 8 bit Microchip PIC16F648A,up to 1.1GHz
Gate time 0.64 seconds

Test sensitivity
1 MHz ~ 10 MHz: superior 60mVpp
10 MHz ~ 60 MHz: superior 60mVpp

RF INPUT ( measuring signal input ): XH2.54-2P side outlet port
ICSP INPUT (MCU programming interface ): XH2.54-6P pins
POWER INPUT ( Power Interface ): XH2.54-2P side outlet port
Package Contents
100% Brand New
1 MHz ~ 1.1 GHz Frequency Counter Tester Measurement For Ham Radio

Looks to be a low level RF/IF counter. Input power would have to be buffered as not to have too much RF energy as that may damage the unit. Three ranges are available but not sure of selection method.
Useful for adding digital display to older CBs, HAM gear or receivers. Could be used for RF / IF probes or home-brew receivers or transceivers (QRP). Low price is attractive!

73 mechanic

looks sensitive enough to align transceivers.

I purchased a Cap and Inductance tester type piece of Chinese equipment and it works rather well.

Some creativity to install it into a project box and it is a useful piece of bench equipment, and not expensive.

but is it enough for aligning a cb, or better suited just as a display?
Depends on when turned to the lower range how far down it will count. I have one that will count down to the one Hz range. You will need to get it calibrated to be sure of the readings. Plus or Minus 50 Hz can make or break an alignment on SSB. Here is a photo of my frequency while doing and alignment on a Galaxy product. The adjustment is with in One Hz of perfect. I have this unit calibrated every six months. Even if no adjustment is required having it verified by a Laboratory that is NBS traceable allows me the peace of mind to know when send out a repair it is RIGHT! I check by tuning in on the National Bureau of Standards W W V at 10.000 MHz before every use.
http://www.worldwidedx.com/gallery/photos/calibrated-frequency-counter.3122/

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.