• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ft 990 ....help /advice

Nov 2, 2013
my old yaesu ft 990 has stopped transmitting and receiving ...is it a common fault of this radio , mabee diode or something minor ...is a reset possible with this radio ...thanks

billy

my old yaesu ft 990 has stopped transmitting and receiving ......is a reset possible with this radio ...thanks

billy
Page 21 of the owners manual has reset instructions. You can find the manual at http://lmgtfy.com/?q=yaesu+ft-990+manual

If the radio developed the problem after the radio was in storage or not used for a while you might also want to check the status of the backup battery.

Reactions: knight patrol 60
Page 21 of the owners manual has reset instructions. You can find the manual at http://lmgtfy.com/?q=yaesu+ft-990+manual

If the radio developed the problem after the radio was in storage or not used for a while you might also want to check the status of the backup battery.
thanks sir ...got a manual ..so gonna address the cpu reset first and then bat backup ...your reply is very welcome sir ..

billy

Also note that the batt backup can take up to a day to totally drain, this is per some FT990 users. So if you do turn the batt backup off, might want to leave it off for more than a couple minutes. Hopefully a hard reset will resolve the issue. Obviously this has happened to others before, reading some of the issues with the ft990, and most seem to fix the issue with a hard reset of the radio. And just in case have you checked your coax and antenna and all connections as well? Could have an issue there that may be attributing to the radios fault. Or not. Hope you get it resolved. Have a good day.

it seem more probs on the yaesu have appeared ..the radio has a tone when I switch on /power up ..does the cpu and hard reset ..tx light does come on ..there is static but tone is overpowering anything else ....boat anchor mabee ..? ..its a beautiful big radio ..!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated