• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FT101E 11m pos.

I got a 101e today....is this the brown wire? please confirm

IMG_1549.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1550.JPG
    IMG_1550.JPG
    330.3 KB · Views: 284
I know my local pal had to use one of the other bands. Either 10A or AUX for adding of 11 meter frequencies. He has an old FT101E. No brown wire was cut. He does have the 11m on his switch I am pretty sure as well. I'll have to ask next time I see him as to what and where and how his is able to transmit ok 11m.

My local pals is like your 2RT307. He uses the 10c and one other switch for most of the 11m band. He too has an 11m switch but it's for receive only. His tech modded his. Added the crystals in the slots for the switches he using for 11m. Guy over in Tampa, FL area. Anyways. Maybe it's possible to just clip a wire, I don't own one so I can't say.

I see what you mean...:oops:

You can do AM without it, but man oh man, those strong stations get really hard to understand and seem to overload the rig. I haven't added a filter to mine, but am considering it. Inrad makes some nice stuff if you don't want to pony up the big money folks are asking for the OLD Yaesu originals.

Brett

i have a am filter if your interested. hell i got the whole radio. it took major hit from ups. it broke the tubes. i bought tubes for it. it comes on but no tx or rx.i also have the display unit that plugs right in. i paid 200 just for the frequency display. all is for sale.

I just picked up a mint 101e and it works great, 25 watt AM carrier provides 110 watts peak with little to no ALC action!!!!

My question is, the rig only rx's on the 11 meter pos. and I recall a mod to remove one wire to open tx. Any clues on this mod. Shes too perfect to go swapping crystals and it has the ssb filter.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated