• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FTM-350 Mobile Install

My installation pics are here. Enjoy.

--Donnie

coolgleamA.gif

Updates on Bluetooth Headsets Tried So Far

Blueparrot B250xt - Paired up and worked very good. Had to go to the "Bluetooth" menu and set "VOX" option to "VOX Low".

Ford Sync in F150 - Updated with the newest Sync software and could not connect in "PHONE" or "BLUETOOTH AUDIO" mode.

Plantronics 220 - Paired up, but had no incoming or outgoing audio. The button on the side of the headset would activate the radios PTT.

BlackBerry HS655 - Paired up and worked very good. Had to go to the "Bluetooth" menu and set "PTT" to "Vox Low".

Motorola H375 - Paired up and worked very good. Had to go to the "Bluetooth" menu and set "PTT" to "Vox Low".

Motorola H390 - Paired up and worked very good. Had to go to the "Bluetooth" menu and set "PTT" to "Vox Low".

If you go to the "Bluetooth" menu and set "Audio" to "Manual" the audio comes out both the headset and speaker of the radio. If you run "PTT" - "Vox Low", or "Vox High", make sure your volume on the radio speaker isn't so high that it triggers the headset mic.

Still waiting for my GPS & CT-142 data cable on backorder. RT System has shipped my ADMS-350 for the Yaesu FTM-350 radio.

Scott

Blueparrot B250xt - Paired up and worked very good. Had to go to the "Bluetooth" menu and set "VOX" option to "VOX Low".

Ford Sync in F150 - Updated with the newest Sync software and could not connect in "PHONE" or "BLUETOOTH AUDIO" mode.

Plantronics 220 - Paired up, but had no incoming or outgoing audio. The button on the side of the headset would activate the radios PTT.

BlackBerry HS655 - Paired up and worked very good. Had to go to the "Bluetooth" menu and set "PTT" to "Vox Low".

Motorola H375 - Paired up and worked very good. Had to go to the "Bluetooth" menu and set "PTT" to "Vox Low".

Motorola H390 - Paired up and worked very good. Had to go to the "Bluetooth" menu and set "PTT" to "Vox Low".

If you go to the "Bluetooth" menu and set "Audio" to "Manual" the audio comes out both the headset and speaker of the radio. If you run "PTT" - "Vox Low", or "Vox High", make sure your volume on the radio speaker isn't so high that it triggers the headset mic.

Still waiting for my GPS & CT-142 data cable on backorder. RT System has shipped my ADMS-350 for the Yaesu FTM-350 radio.

Scott

cool - coOL - COOL !!!

very helpful info; thanks for sharing
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
GPS Installed & CT-142 Com Port Connection

Installed the GPS and it works great. Locked on to position very fast.

Playing with CT-142 & UI-View to see if the COM Port setup will communicate with the radio. Works in Hyper-Terminal, can see the GPS data if you set the Com Port to GPS. If you set it to Packet, I see the stations being beaconed. I think UI-View will only RX, but that will let me see stations on a map. Have to figure out what UI-View wants the Com Port setup to RX from the radio. KISS mode doesn't work.

Scott

Installed the GPS and it works great. Locked on to position very fast.

Playing with CT-142 & UI-View to see if the COM Port setup will communicate with the radio. Works in Hyper-Terminal, can see the GPS data if you set the Com Port to GPS. If you set it to Packet, I see the stations being beaconed. I think UI-View will only RX, but that will let me see stations on a map. Have to figure out what UI-View wants the Com Port setup to RX from the radio. KISS mode doesn't work.

Scott

Hey Scott, Let us know what you find out on the UI-View .. I have a netbook and would love to run it with the 350 mobile...

Thats not a Motorcycle, thats a two wheeled LIMO ... Awesome install, that has to be alot of fun doing APRS on two wheels !! I miss my street bikes.

Here is the Install for my 2006 Ford Explorer, the suction cup really worked out well.

DSCN0038_resize.JPG

DSCN0040_resize.JPG

DSCN0041_resize.JPG

I will be traveling this week from MA to Fort Dix NJ. W1MED-9 is the FTM-350 in the truck and W1MED-14 is my VX-8DR .. Send me a message if ya have a chance. Gonna be on the ranges for 4 or 5 days and hope to be on my way home Thursday or Friday.

73's Craig W1MED

Hey Scott, Let us know what you find out on the UI-View .. I have a netbook and would love to run it with the 350 mobile...

Haven't had any luck with Ui-View and the 350.

I had another post and many said to give up. All I would like to do is have Ui-View receive the packets and plot them on the map.

Got the software from RT Systems and after finding a glitch, contacting them, it was fixed in less than a week. Works very nice.

Scott

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?