• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Galaxy 225 amp

Boonie

Nov 13, 2010
Middle Tennessee
First post. Hello to everybody out there. My question is i have a galaxy 225 amp that i got from a guy a couple of days ago. he set up my cobra 29 for the amp use. my question is were can i find some info on this amp i do know it is a palomar clone. I would like to find a manual or some spec. for it would be nice. I also have been having a problem with my radio. It is a new cobra 29 wx nw st and while he had it i had him to install talk back and a blue meter. it seems to have to warm up in the morning to be able to here myself talk is this normal? I am new to the cb radios and know nothing about them. i do have a cobra 25 nw in my work car with a super tune and talk back with a blue meter and it does fine just as soon as i turn it on i can here myself talk. i was just wandering sence i have a amp hooked up to the 29 does it need to warm up or something or do i need to get him to check it back out? And Yes it took me a while to type this...:blink:

Sorry i posted in the wrong place.. What can a say i am a noob...

Last edited:

Doesn't sound right that the radio should 'warm up'. Could or might be trouble. You said nothing about the antenna you are using with the 29. Did you set the SWR before you hooked up the linear to the antenna? It's VERY imprtant to do that right . . .

I am useing a 102 whip. mounted to my bumper on my 1993 s-10 pickup. the swr is usually good sometimes it almost pegs out the meter. and just a few times of doing that it goes back to normal on the meter. I was wandering if i might need to check the groung on my bumper. it seems that first thing in the morning my swr get all out of wack. and after about 15 or 20 min it goes back to the normal leval. Could that be ground? because the ant. and the coax is new. i just bought all this stuff from radio shack about a month ago.

It should NEVER go into the red!
Something is wrong; don't transmit again until you go thru your antenna and coax connections and make sure they are ALL as solid as granite. With no variations of SWR. Eye inspect everything very carefully; then try the system w/o the linear hooked up first.

Make sure the power wires from the battery to the linear are not getting hot when transmitting as well. If you have to take it back to the guy you bought it from -if possible- I would before anything is damaged. Maybe he can find your problem areas.

I only hope that nothing has been seriously damaged.

I think i found the problem my bumper was not making a good ground. i installed a ground wire from my nut on the ant mount to the frame of my truck and everything is working fine. I think i will be changing the ant mount to a stainless steel ball mount. the gumball mount i have is cracking.

I wouldn't expect to find much in the way of "specifications" or "manuals" for a CB amplifier. In the first place, they're illegal. This basically means that there is no "industry standard" for their construction or operation.

I wouldn't expect to find much in the way of "specifications" or "manuals" for a CB amplifier. In the first place, they're illegal. This basically means that there is no "industry standard" for their construction or operation.

why dont galaxy offer a manual for there product? I would just like to know the basic info on how to use it properly.

why dont galaxy offer a manual for there product? I would just like to know the basic info on how to use it properly. 11-14-2010 08:03 AM
They are not made by Galaxy....at least not by the company that makes Galaxy Radios.
There are many Amps built today that are for the 11 meter market and they are not legal to use in the united states on 11 meters, on top of that they often put names on them that are associated with company's from the past that built amps and radios ....and really have nothing to do with them.
There are NO standards or regulations....you can build/have an amp built and slap any name you want on it, and 90% of them have NO paper work or documents with them.
There are a very few that offer ANY after purchase support or info...there are a couple, like Texas Star that do have a real web site, paper work and even a warranty, but they are sold as a CW transmitter out of the Box in the US, and have to be "converted/altered" to work as a Amp, this is how they get around the Regulations.
Simple answer:
You will find no paper work for 90% of the amps built for the 11 meter ( CB) market.

jeff

They are not made by Galaxy....at least not by the company that makes Galaxy Radios.
There are many Amps built today that are for the 11 meter market and they are not legal to use in the united states on 11 meters, on top of that they often put names on them that are associated with company's from the past that built amps and radios ....and really have nothing to do with them.
There are NO standards or regulations....you can build/have an amp built and slap any name you want on it, and 90% of them have NO paper work or documents with them.
There are a very few that offer ANY after purchase support or info...there are a couple, like Texas Star that do have a real web site, paper work and even a warranty, but they are sold as a CW transmitter out of the Box in the US, and have to be "converted/altered" to work as a Amp, this is how they get around the Regulations.
Simple answer:
You will find no paper work for 90% of the amps built for the 11 meter ( CB) market.

jeff

Thanks for the answer. (y)
And for exexplaining to me. that help alot. I am very new to cb radios.:blush:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.